IGNORED

Still not sure why we headed north so soon

John Ranalletta

John Ranalletta

Made our 2nd annual sojourn to Naples in January. Got antsy and headed back home to the cold. Now, I'm wondering why. This is my nephews "back yard". 600 Suzuki horses ready to push out to Gordon Pass.

Installed a security camera for him and this picture was taken at date shown.

Capture.JPG

I'm in Delaware until about March 6. We drove up yesterday, between snowstorms and cold temps. It's supposed to drop to 3°F tonight, which is way below my comfort level. I'm already tired of spreading salt, chipping ice, and having way too many close calls on brick sidewalks that are over 100 years old.

If you stay there too long, your blood gets thin and they you freeze to death in temp lower than 49 degrees.

You made the right choice! :rofl:

John Ranalletta
not as long as you can pass the incredibly high standards we currently have allowing snowbirds to migrate down here.

:lurk:

If you can successfully navigate the traffic on your daily "Tour d' Walmart" for Depends and Metamucil, you're in.
John Ranalletta

This is a hijack....

Naples appears to be in another boom. In the development where we stayed (Fiddler's Creek), houses in the $500k+ range are snapped up as 2nd homes as soon as the pads are poured.

Looks like pre-2007 to me. Use Zillow or Realtor.com to see the number of homes for sale. Prices are still rising. Naples' r/e prices have gained more than most US communities.

Any guesses when the next down cycle hits?

John Ranalletta

I can dig it. I hate the effing cold weather. It's like being in a virtual prison; and, no, winter sports are not sports, they're denial.

russell_bynum
I can dig it. I hate the effing cold weather. It's like being in a virtual prison; and, no, winter sports are not sports, they're denial.

Kindred Spirit.

I went down to the riverfront this afternoon (21°) and shot a short video of ice flowing upstream, propelled by an incoming tide and strong wind from the SSE. That's New Jersey on the other side.

Archived