IGNORED

RT Bling

TEWKS

Pretty, but function? Does it count if the OEM valve cover cost less to replace? :grin:

Actually, I have no idea. But I bet the CF isn't cheap.

That's a bit cheaper than I was expecting. I thought the minimum price for anything carbon fiber was $100. :grin: Maybe that's just for bicycles.

Not the best pic but you get the idea. BTW, they are from a company called R&G Racing if anybody would like to know. Or, if you wish, you could tell me they look like shite and I should just go away! :rofl: You can buy them direct or Revzilla carries them, too.

imagejpg1_zps5bdb832c.jpg

Pat

Thanks Terry!

I've got three more things I'd like to do before I call her done. A Sargent seat and a Cee Baileys sport shield, also the graphics package from the 2015 RT. Still not sure if the graphics are available though.

Pat

Been told and I could probably confirm on my GPS that the Quartz blue is the fastest color. ;) And heck, if not, we do have an instant classic RT. It being a one year color and all! :clap:

Pat

I don't like the look of the blue RT.

Haven't from the start.

Old man's color... I'm 59.. I should know, or at least, i'm learning fast

However

The black wheels make all the difference...

looks very nice... adds an edge to it.

Now, to just get rid of the chrome badge elements and muffler.

ugh...

I just purchased a 2014 buyback special.

It's ebony (Rootbeer)

In my minds eye, looks so much nicer without the CHROME MUFFLER.

d'milan

I've got three more things I'd like to do before I call her done. A Sargent seat...

Hey Pat, any prior experience with Sargent seats? Since RDL apparently doesn't want my business I put my name on Sargent's pre-order list because it looked like a good option. Just wondering why you decided to go with them.

Thanks,

Ken

Thanks guys!

Ken I have a Sargent on a GS and had one on a prior RT. My honest opinion, Russell makes a more comfortable seat, but, Sargent makes a better looking seat. A bit vain? Yeah maybe. As most have heard though, the Russell will jack you up a bit and unfortunately, i'm not getting any taller as I age. :grin:

I did a seven thousand mile ride with the Sargent/GS combo and was reasonably comfortable. That should be good enough for the RT. :thumbsup:

5000 Posts! Wow!

Pat

Function & Sparkle? Probably not but heck, they're gonna look slick on the RT. :thumbsup:Darn winter is getting expensive!

Maybe you could get a part time job shoveling snow??

I like those covers.

the bike looks much better without the bags...

I agree...

Test rode a 2014 RT, Grey...

When i returned from the ride, parked it in front of the dealership...

Looked back at it out the front window..(bags were removed for the test ride) must admit, I was a bit smitten by her at that moment.

Finally bought a BuyBack special..

Root-beer color. Everything except alarm, central locking and chrome exhaust. I like the look of the bushed stainless muffler much better than the chrome.

Got a sreamin' great deal on it...

Can't even get it home much less ride it, with the Polar Vortex in full force.

d'milan

I like those covers.

I agree...

Looked back at it out the front window..(bags were removed for the test ride) must admit, I was a bit smitten by her at that moment.

Root-beer color. Everything except alarm, central locking and chrome exhaust. I like the look of the bushed stainless muffler much better than the chrome.

d'milan

I haven't seen an RT-LC with natural stainless exhaust yet. Could you please post a picture of it?

As great looking as the chrome exhaust is, keeping it in shape long term is far from a trivial task. I have no problem with blueing, but "scabbing" on the catalytic converter and those damn black spots just get on my nerves when washing the bike.

I like those covers.

I agree...

d'milan

I haven't seen an RT-LC with natural stainless exhaust yet. Could you please post a picture of it?

As great looking as the chrome exhaust is, keeping it in shape long term is far from a trivial task. I have no problem with blueing, but "scabbing" on the catalytic converter and those damn black spots just get on my nerves when washing the bike.

Kakugo,

I don't have my bike yet..

It's still at the dealer... ~100 miles away

Maybe, if the Polar Vortex recedes someday, I'll be able to get it home. A local on-air meteorologist blamed the Russians... it's cold air from Siberia... ha ha

Anyway

I was referring to the can, the muffler, not the pipes or catalytic converter.

I don't like the look of the chrome muffler as opposed to the brushed stainless muffler.

The non-chrome muffler has a finish more like a Remus, Akrapovic(sp?) or the like. Chrome is for Harleys..(humor there)

IMO

The pipes, whether chrome or stainless both look shoddy as they discolor. The chrome turns a blotchy blue/ purple / gold and the un-chromed stainless turn a blotchy brown/ gold etc..

I'll consider having the pipes (headers and cat) ceramic coated if they look too bad as they age.

d'milan

I was referring to the can, the muffler, not the pipes or catalytic converter.

I don't like the look of the chrome muffler as opposed to the brushed stainless muffler.

The non-chrome muffler has a finish more like a Remus, Akrapovic(sp?) or the like. Chrome is for Harleys..(humor there)

IMO

The pipes, whether chrome or stainless both look shoddy as they discolor. The chrome turns a blotchy blue/ purple / gold and the un-chromed stainless turn a blotchy brown/ gold etc..

I'll consider having the pipes (headers and cat) ceramic coated if they look too bad as they age.

d'milan

Thanks for replying.

I wouldn't have minded the downpipes to be like the ones on my Honda ("natural" stainless steel) for no other reason getting them back to new is as easy as spraying them with OptiGlanz and hosing them down. ;)

Where are you guys getting those black rims?

Stock rims powder-coated. Mine was done in a gloss black. Had my dealer do the work, pull the front wheel bearings, dismount and mount tires.

Job was done here http://goodhues.net/ but sure you'll have a local shop that can do it.

Pat

Wit Or Witout, it's all good! :grin: Good luck you'll love it! :thumbsup:

image_zps2ba51a7e.jpg

Pat

Pat, your moto does look stunning but gotta say that combo of painted garage walls, artwork and floor tiles looks very classy! Interested in how those tiles are holding up 'cus they're an interesting alternative to top coating sealed concrete as I've been planning to do. Rather than get off-topic, maybe you'd PM me with what you used and results with moto/cages parked on top? TIA...

Thanks Effjay, not off topic since I posted the pic. ;) Yep, what started out as paint on the wall took me down a ridiculous (for some) road. I used RaceDeck TuffShield on the floor. http://www.racedeck.com/tuffshield-garageflooring.html

As far as cleanup goes, a little bit of ammonia and water in a spray bottle and a mop. I probably wouldn't use it for heavy duty mechanic work though, you'd probably scuff the finish moving big things around. After the newness wears off a bit, I may move the toolbox over for an oil change and some light farkling.

Truck parking is no prob but the road salt and dirt makes a mess so I leave it outside this time of year.

The installation was a snap, child labor laws be damned! :grin:

IMG_4928_zpsubosl0yc.jpg

IMG_4924_zps8hu3xixd.jpg

Pat

1 & 3 x 2 on the way from Germany.

Anyone good at graphics application? A little research has me leaning towards the hinge method using a piece of tape as a pivot point at the center of the graphic.

Realize it's probably not rocket science but methods & suggestions are appreciated.

http://parts.bmwoflasvegas.com/a/BMW_2015_R1200RT/_57201_6464716/Stick-on-label/51_0947.html

386305.jpg

Pat

• 4 weeks later...

Phase one of this project is complete. :/ I'll be taking the bike to the graphics guy on Tue to see if he can make up something for the bags. I still cant believe the graphics for the saddlebags are not available. :dopeslap: Subtle but that's what I was going for.

image.jpg3_zpsefo81yfy.jpg

image.jpg1_zpsk7m4t4iw.jpg

Pat

Phase one of this project is complete. :/ I'll be taking the bike to the graphics guy on Tue to see if he can make up something for the bags. I still cant believe the graphics for the saddlebags are not available. :dopeslap: Subtle but that's what I was going for.

image.jpg3_zpsefo81yfy.jpg

image.jpg1_zpsk7m4t4iw.jpg

Pat

look here I see part numbers for graphic on the bags http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=0A13&mospid=56210&btnr=51_0947&hg=51&fg=30

03 Decor, upper left 1 51148555185

03 Decor, upper right 1 51148555186

04 Decor, lower left 1 51148555187

04 Decor, lower right 1 51148555188

Jay

look here I see part numbers for graphic on the bags http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=0A13&mospid=56210&btnr=51_0947&hg=51&fg=30

03 Decor, upper left 1 51148555185

03 Decor, upper right 1 51148555186

04 Decor, lower left 1 51148555187

04 Decor, lower right 1 51148555188

Jay

Just did a part search at Max http://www.maxbmwmotorcycles.com/fiche/PartsSearch.aspx?&searchtype=partnumber&parts=51148555185%0A51148555186%20%0A51148555187%20%0A51148555188%20

They aren't cheap...

Part Number Description lb Each

51148555185 DECOR, UPPER LEFT $42.84ADD TO CART

51148555186 DECOR, UPPER RIGHT $42.84ADD TO CART

51148555187 DECOR, LOWER LEFT $39.70ADD TO CART

51148555188 DECOR, LOWER RIGHT $39.70ADD TO CART

Jay

Thanks Jay, I'll give Max a ring tomorrow. :thumbsup:

Seems BMW don't want to sell the bag graphics to Second Wind. Not SW's fault, they tried. Communication between them and BMW on this matter was, let's call it cloudy at best. :S

They're stickers for cripes sake! :dopeslap: Ok, damn cool stickers! :clap::grin:

Pat

Bling? Wait about 7-10 years. You haven't seen bling yet.

She is adorable, Pat!

Thanks Kathy! Yeah she can be, I did say CAN right? :rofl:

BTW, She likes your avatar! :)

Pat

Norm LeFevre

Tewks,

I live in NC, where it's pretty humid. Is there any problem with the racedeck holding moisture underneath?

It sure looks good.

Norm

Tewks,

I live in NC, where it's pretty humid. Is there any problem with the racedeck holding moisture underneath?

It sure looks good.

Norm

Thanks!

Norm, so far so good, up here. It has channels underneath to allow for air flow and let any moisture escape.

Pat

The design came out well enough but it's not made using the same process as the factory piece up front. Too many edges, it may not last. :(

image.jpg3_zpsex8htx0y.jpg

image.jpg1_zpsysedpwnp.jpg

Pat

A little K1600 Sport infusion.

image.jpg1_zpsx5gqtbst.jpg

Too bad BMW won't paint an RTW that K1600 red color -- I'd buy one tomorrow!

A little K1600 Sport infusion.

image.jpg1_zpsx5gqtbst.jpg

Too bad BMW won't paint an RTW that K1600 red color -- I'd buy one tomorrow!

Oh yeah, BMW should definitely put out an RT-S! :thumbsup: It would of saved me some time, and probably a few bucks, too. :eek:

Pat

Archived