IGNORED

Wunderlich engine guards Lean angle issues?

paRTy

Was wondering from those that have installed the Wunderlich engine guards,.....has there been any issues with reduced lean angle on your 14RT? Anybody scraping? Anybody add foot pegs to the bars reducing angle even farther?

Thanks.

I have not had the RT on any twisty roads where I could push it a bit. I have had it leaned over pretty good on some local on-ramps and such. Probably to the point where there is almost no chicken strips. No issue with clearance so far and looking at them I don't think there will be. I have a set of footpegs on mine, don't think they would effect turning clearance at all.

DSC01360_zps82807830.jpg

DSC01362_zpsbeb8a9fe.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Picking my bike up next weekend. Looking to fit some Wunderlich engine bars but don't know whether to fit myself or get them fitted (for extortionate price). Haven't had chance to look closely at the bike yet, but the instructions say that plastic has to be removed? "Remove the lower plastic cover around the cylinder on the left and right", could you tell me how difficult that is please?

Many Thanks

Steve P

Picking my bike up next weekend. Looking to fit some Wunderlich engine bars but don't know whether to fit myself or get them fitted (for extortionate price). Haven't had chance to look closely at the bike yet, but the instructions say that plastic has to be removed? "Remove the lower plastic cover around the cylinder on the left and right", could you tell me how difficult that is please?

Many Thanks

Steve P

Very simple. Three screws to remove for the left side, and two screws for the right.

Archived