Mike

The Tail of the Guernsey . . .

Mike

Well, without giving away too many secrets, the '15 Un is going to be in a place I've been hyping, albeit gently, as one of the greatest riding areas anywhere. There are a lot of better known areas, but what you're going to find in the area of the Unrally is a seemingly endless variety of great roads. They're kind of anonymous. Some are state highways, but a lot of them are Wisconsin's "alphabet roads," county roads marked as "A," "G," "MM," etc.

They're lightly traveled, well paved, and fun as can be to ride. In fact, the best way to explore them is to just jump on your moto, head out and turn wherever it looks interesting.

Not so long ago, I went out for a brief jaunt in the ol' Jeep and did just that. This shaky video, taken on a road that I'd never been on, is a small sample of the thousands of miles of back roads in the area . . .

TestPilot

Why is it still a secret?

EffBee
Why is it still a secret?

It has to do with making sure that only registered attendees get to book rooms at the specially negotiated UnRally rate. To do that, the registration process must be in place, and the hotel's staff must be fully trained not to offer the discounted rate to anyone who hasn't registered and paid for the event.

Event registration takes place via a process which will be detailed later. Those names will be given to the hotel staff daily, and only those will be eligible for the special rate. It's all just a wee bit more complicated than, "Here's when/where. Show up."

T-shirts have to be ordered for each person in their size. Name tags need to be made. If there's to be any kind of in-hotel perk (1 free beer per night, let's say), we need to know how many. And we need to know how many in order to have the right amount of food for the group meal on the last day. There's more, but I think you get the picture.

When the systems are all in place, the training done, and every detail complete, the location will be announced, along with the registration process. Register for the event. Register at the hotel. And everything will be fine. This will likely happen very early next year.

algover
Well, without giving away too many secrets, the '15 Un is going to be in a place I've been hyping, albeit gently, as one of the greatest riding areas anywhere. There are a lot of better known areas, but what you're going to find in the area of the Unrally is a seemingly endless variety of great roads. They're kind of anonymous. Some are state highways, but a lot of them are Wisconsin's "alaphabet roads," county roads marked as "A," "G," "MM," etc.

They're lightly traveled, well paved, and fun as can be to ride. In fact, the best way to explore them is to just jump on your moto, head out and turn wherever it looks interesting.

Not so long ago, I went out for a brief jaunt in the ol' Jeep and did just that. This shaky video, taken on a road that I'd never been on, is a small sample of the thousands of miles of back roads in the area . . .

Is the rain included? :)

bmw_rider

Can't wait for the specifics on where. Dates sound great, and close enough to be able to make it to a group event finally.

Twisties

It looks wet. Kinda, PNWish. I'm gonna feel right at home. Was nice of you to edit out the waist deep water crossing. That would have been a little intimidating for some.

Moto Mike G

If it is in the Driftless region of Wisconsin this is the Midwest's moto nirvana. I have a cabin out there right in the middle of it all for the single reason of motorcycling the area.

the only minor annoyances are the ocasional road apple from a Amish horse pulled wagon and on weekends the pirate parade that travels from bar to bar on thunderous V twin iron.

Jake
It has to do with...

Sheesh! We might just have to call that a Rally then. OR an Un-Un Rally.

Just ribbin' 'ya. As a former Un-volunteer, I can appreciate how much behind the scenes work goes into one of these little events. I am sure looking forward to leaving some tread on Brother Mike's favorite roads if the Gods are willing this summer - such a beautiful and serene area. That is, if he doesn't hoard all of the Spotted Cow in that big barn of his. Mitch will show me the path to invasion if necessary - he's got the map.

'Nando, you better not confess now if you can't make it, but I sure am hoping you are part of some kind of Pied Piper Run to this one. Running sweep, your favorite spot.

C'mon.

EffBee
'Nando, you better not confess now if you can't make it, but I sure am hoping you are part of some kind of Pied Piper Run to this one. Running sweep, your favorite spot.

C'mon.

Jake, it's complicated, but I do intend to go. Even if I have to fly. Retired and starting a new business. If it hits with the growth we anticipate, I'm going to be up to my keister in work this summer. If it's just a modest success, I might have three days to ride there (2K mi), three days to play, and three to come home. I'm not gonna Iron Butt any segments. Getting too old for that.

I"ll know by May.

T.M. Roe

Well...OK... This is starting to sound interesting.

Will there be dragons?

Jake

I'd say the fact that this is in your backyard isn't exactly an attractive feature for you. Of course, you can always come down here to pick me up to make it more your kind of a thing...

T.M. Roe

Will we be getting naked again?

KTM Doug

Does this mean that Tommie might show up for this? :wave:

Glenn Reed
Does this mean that Tommie might show up for this? :wave:

The way I'm reading this, he might show up, but he might be getting naked. Which might be more "showing up" than the world is ready for.

But that's just me, I might be wrong. :)

Edited by Glenn Reed

Matts_12GS

Will there be dragons?

I'm sure it will be cliquetastic...

T.M. Roe

I don't know Butchie instead.

Joe Frickin' Friday

Will there be dragons?

Hey, it's Wisconsin; a herd mentality is de rigeur.

IMG1676-L.jpg

Bud

Will there be dragons?

Hey, it's Wisconsin; a herd mentality is de rigeur.

IMG1676-L.jpg

OK Now it's starting to be scary. What do you think the cows were thinking, when they saw a guy in riding gear whip, out a camera and take their picture? Captions anyone?????????

Edited by Bud

EffBee

Are you Wurty? We've heard of you.

Bud
Are you Wurty? We've heard of you.

:rofl::thumbsup::wave:

T.M. Roe

Do you know Wurty??????

T.M. Roe

The Twins in the middle have Wurty's eyes.....

tallman

Do ewe know my daddy?

He rides a cowasaki...

Bud
The Twins in the middle have Wurty's eyes.....

Now that you mention it.......................................

Bud
Do ewe know my daddy?

He rides a cowasaki...

Saki comes from cows? Who n(ewe)????????

TEWKS

Very nice road Mike! I have to tell you though...that chaps my ass :rofl: that you didn't present us with some of your other clips. ;)

That's some funny stuff right there! :clap: The house flyover is pretty incredible, too! :thumbsup:

Pat

Mike

Thanks, Pat! We may solicit a few add-ons for "That Chaps My Ass!" at the Un. I've been cogitating on how to monetize the concept, but I can't, for the life of me, figure out how to do it.

Which . . . Chaps My Ass!

TEWKS

Sometimes it just happens. :grin:

Pat