IGNORED

2014 LC / RT Bar-Backs

TEWKS

ausgezeichnet!

Glad ya like them. You know...I had to google that. :rofl: Very good price in comparison to most of their other products.

Pat

• 2 weeks later...
iliumworks has come up with a slick solution to address this need for some.

There aren't many other options possible after they redesigned the handlebars. Too bad they also eliminated that slick mounting bracket on the tank for easy on/off tankbags.

That's great. Mind if I ask what your height and sleeve length is?

Was also wondering...do they feel solid? I had some Rox Risers once and they seemed to feel skittish - always had to make sure they were tight or would rotate a little.

Appreciate it.

I just did over 4200 miles, one day over a 1000 miles. I like the position. Plus it gives me a place to attach a touratech bag.

Any pictures of this set up?

I don't seem to be able to load pics on this site. 30" inseam, 31-32" sleeve. Very solid feeling. I road a lot of curvy roads on the trip and felt secure.

I looked at these and saw the price of the tool to get them installed and I am not sure I want to spend the coin for single use.

$15 rental + shipping?

Or rig up your own -- it is a simple gear-puller-type rig; the installation video is very clear how to use the tool. If you DIY the tool, you just have to take care to not mar the outside of the silver part of the handlebar (apparently, their tool rests on an inset lip to avoid contact with the silver part).

I looked at these and saw the price of the tool to get them installed and I am not sure I want to spend the coin for single use.

$15 rental + shipping?

Or rig up your own -- it is a simple gear-puller-type rig; the installation video is very clear how to use the tool. If you DIY the tool, you just have to take care to not mar the outside of the silver part of the handlebar (apparently, their tool rests on an inset lip to avoid contact with the silver part).

My bad. I did not see rental. I only saw a price of over one hundred dollars

I put the bar backs on a week and a half ago. Took a trip with my son and son in law last week. Actually starting to like the look but even better is the position for me is much better. I rented there tool and it took about an hour to install. Did about 1500 miles of riding through the mountains of VA and West VA still handled great. I can keep up with the boys on there 1300GT's

Al

Anybody have a pic of their bike with the bars installed. Something more 3/4 view or whole bike - different than the close up only at iliumWorks website.

thx

• 4 weeks later...

Archived