IGNORED

Klim Lattitude Missano jacket

Doug_Baliko

Just back from a 10 day trip from Dallas up into the Dakota's. I couldn't decide whether to wear mesh or my Klim Lattitude. But the forecast was for mostly cool mornings, some rain, and not much above the mid 80's north, so I went with the Klim.

We hit a fair amount of rain and not a drop in my jacket, Aerostich AD-1 pants, or BMW all-round boots. The jacket has GREAT venting and was very comfortable through the mid 80's temperature wise. It was warm but tolerable above that. And downright hot when not moving in the 90's. But it's not really intended for temps in that range anyway so it's hard to fault the jacket in those temps. When traveling in a wide range of temps there's always a trade off.

But after riding almost 4000 miles in this jacket I definitely give it two thumbs up. This is a great three season jacket that is totally waterproof, has more than ample venting, quality construction, and more than ample shoulder, elbow, and back protection. I liked it so much that I just ordered the matching pants.

Doug

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I've recently purchased the same jacket and pants.

I can say enough goods things about it. I'm a gear hog and have gone through a lot of brands.

The Klim gear is by far the best motorcycle gear that I've ever used, hands down!

• 3 weeks later...
Doug_Baliko

Just to add to my previous comments, I just got back from a 2500 mile trip where the temperatures ranged from 34 degrees at the south rim of the Grand Canyon where we ran into light snow and hail, to temps in the low 80's. We also ran into heavy rain on our return to Dallas, which lately has almost been like a subtropical rain forest. The jacket continues to perform quite well.

The mid 80's is about my limit to be comfortable in this jacket. With all the vents open it does flow a ton of air. But it's nowhere near as efficient as a mesh jacket in those temps and higher. After all this is a pretty heavy jacket. It was also flawless in the heavy rain. Not a drop inside except for a little around my neck. But this was my fault as I didn't have the neck cinched up as tight as it could have been.

All in all I continue to be quite pleased with this jacket. It's at the higher end of the price spectrum, but it performs as it should. Sometimes you do get what you pay for.

Doug

• Like 1
  • 3 years later...