IGNORED

What street tire on a gsa

mwood7800

My 09 gsa is a pig off road, anyone put street tires on theirs? I'm on the street 97% anyway. If the bike was 300lbs lighter I might need a different tire.

Michelin made or makes a Street version of one of the Pilots in GS sizes. They sold very poorly locally. Smaller diameter, kind of looked funny too.

Metzeler came out with the Tourance EXP that was the tread pattern of the Tourance (original) but in a street compound and LESS tread depth to eliminate squirm. I sold 1-2 sets of these and results were unhappy customers who went back to the original Tourance with the thick 13mm (I think) tread depth. More tread stacked on the tire means longer lasting.

The newish Metzeler Next has a triple compound rear, single front. It's advertised to get 15% more wear than the EXP. (Not the original Tourance)

The newish Anakee 3 has the same look and I wonder what kind of mileage they will get.

Simply finding the right size again, will get you a smaller diameter tire that might look odd and turn more RPM.

If I were a GS guy that seldom went off road, I would stick with the original Tourance as I would see customers get about 10k miles and a couple up to 12 of they monitored the tire pressure, rode smoothly and rode them until the air showed thru.

i REALLY like my PR4's! i never go off-road (i know, i know...) so i opt'd for non-dual purpose tires. the PR4's are very linear in their behavior, absorb bumps better than stk metzlers, make my brakes feel stronger, & stick like glue. i haven't been in the rain yet and haven't logged k's of mi's yet either, but, i sure like them.

• 7 months later...

Having accepted that my GSA is 100% a road bike, I have over the last few years used Dunlop Roadsmart 1 & 2, Conti Road Attack 1 & Road Attack 2 Evo, & now Michelin Pilot Road 4. I haven't a bad word to say about any of them.

Archived