IGNORED

"Save your summer" BMW sale

Scotto

1500 off 1600 GT

1500 off 1600 GTL

I have a deposit on my 2014 1200RT...

Am I going to get some kind of discount?

It doesn't look like it.

Somebody... Give me some guidance!

No discount, pull your deposit and wait on a 2015. That would be my mindset anyway being from the NE with approximately eight weeks of riding left. Don't know your situation, could be different.

Ask and ask again about incentives for buying a bike this late in the season. Call around if you have to.

Pat

I'm definitely interested to see how this plays out too. I also have a deposit on a 2014 R1200RT only it's a buy-back. The salesman won't give me a price yet...claims BMW hasn't told them what to sell it for.

I'm definitely interested to see how this plays out too. I also have a deposit on a 2014 R1200RT only it's a buy-back. The salesman won't give me a price yet...claims BMW hasn't told them what to sell it for.

I just left a dealer in Louisiana. He has 2 buy back bikes and 4 New (they had a dummy shock). The buyback bikes had a sign, it read the bike was owned by BMW and would be sold at auction. A guy asked if he could buy the buyback bike, no it was going to be picked up by BMW and sold by them at auction.

Jay

Just my 2 cents. I often hear people trying to decide between a K16 and an R12RT. Personally, I see them as completely different motorcycles each with their own personality. Having only ridden a GTL I can't speak to the dynamics of a GT. That being said, I found the GTL to be BIG and HEAVY in comparison to the RT. I'd advise, if you haven't done so already, to ride both and be very sure you know what you're getting yourself into before signing on the dotted line. Bikes lose a ton of money the moment you take delivery.

I agree, a boxer twin and a straight six make for very different riding experiences, even aside from the weight and ergo differences.

I'd take back a deposit on a new '14 RT and go for a buy-back or used '14 still under warranty, or wait for a '15.

Archived