IGNORED

'14 RT Prices Post Fix

kltk165

I live in Central Texas and took a chance at trying to find a returned '14 model due to the recall. I found one with 736 miles, and because BMW N.A. still classified it as a "new" bike but with a "branded" title, the dealer took $5,000 off the MSRP. I considered this a good deal as the bike with a redesigned shock is now better than it was new. I'm moving from an '06 RT, and love the new upgrades on the '14.

Mike the Ghoul

Got it!! Picked it up Friday afternoon. Dealer is about 300 miles from my house. It was raining and 50*. Rode about 120 miles and stayed overnight there with my wife. fantastic ride. This morning rode the rest of the way home, stopping for a soccer game of my great nephew. Again, it was awesome. Again, pretty cool and raining all day.

The seat cramped my legs some in the low position so I am using the high position, but it is a bit tall for me at stops. I am 5'8 with a 30" inseam. I had it set for two helmets without the wife and it felt a bit stiff. When she was on it was perfect. I think the stock windshield is better for me than the aftermarket I had on my 1999. quieter and more clean air in the low position. And I think I got less wet overall than on the old bike. Seating position is perfect for me. But not so sure about the seat itself. Now to make a farkle list.

Oh and on the money. The dealer said he applied the 800 from BMMW to it, and I still got the Nav unit. I paid 19,950 for a bike that listed for 21,345. I'm happy.

I'm looking at a 2014 RTW with all the options, dealer quote is 21,395 plus the free GPS and an $800 rebate. It is a grey matte one and that matte finish scares me, can't buff out scratches or rub a dirty spot too hard without creating a shiny spot, is what I here.

Archived