IGNORED

MotoLights

KCB

Just a quick note. Commuting on an '04RT swapping with '02 GS allows us to park in a special cycle lot. As there are 600 people, through the years nothing but positive comments about the brightness and visibility of the bike when pulling in to park. The service from Cincinnati has been above and beyond. When fitting calipers back on after a pad swap, one allen head recess stripped out, Motolight shipped to replacements express at no charge. These folks have always had a sturdy product with service to match. Two bikes 80k plus miles without a bulb replacement.

Thanks Moto!!

Have had them on my bikes since 2002! The amber bulbs are great for being seen in the daytime. Have I not wanted to swap to LED's I'd be running them on my 2012 GSA as well.

100_2197_zps0f9ba201.jpg

This is the second R bike I have owned and both have had motolights. I switched out the normal light bulbs last year for the LEDs and am happy with the light but more so with the lack of power used. Very good company to deal with as well.

• 1 month later...

Yes, Motolight has perhaps the best CS policy around. My two cents about bulbs: I use 50 watt Ushio Popstar Yellow MR16 bulbs. They seem to last much, much longer than any others, and are really bright. I level the mounts, then raise the bulb housings about a 1/4 or 1/3 bubble, using the little cardboard tube Motolight provided (how in the world have I managed to keep from losing that all these years???). I have never been flashed by oncoming traffic, and my riding buds all say my lights are super noticeable.

I get the bulbs from Bulbster.com, it's been so long I have no idea what I paid for them.

Yes, Motolight has perhaps the best CS policy around. My two cents about bulbs: I use 50 watt Ushio Popstar Yellow MR16 bulbs. They seem to last much, much longer than any others, and are really bright. I level the mounts, then raise the bulb housings about a 1/4 or 1/3 bubble, using the little cardboard tube Motolight provided (how in the world have I managed to keep from losing that all these years???). I have never been flashed by oncoming traffic, and my riding buds all say my lights are super noticeable.

I get the bulbs from Bulbster.com, it's been so long I have no idea what I paid for them.

Thanks for this. The price that MotoLight charges for yellow bulbs is Beyond rediculous!

Doug

Archived