IGNORED

Registration

Bob Palin

For the last few years I have handled registration for the UN, I'm sorry to say that I won't be able to do so in the future. I developed my system several years ago intending to make it into a commercial service but that never happened, too many issues with privacy and financial costs and regulations. I have now retired from writing software other than doing a few small web sites and will be retiring the server that runs the software. There are many commercial solutions available for event registration though they won't be be free of course, they often don't cost much more than the Paypal costs in my system though.

Yo, Bob,

Thanks for all your efforts for past Un's and especially for putting up with me when we did the Salida event!!

Bob,

Thank you for all the time, money, effort, and frustration enduring contributions you have made.

You da UNman no matter what happens, IMO.

:wave:

Bob, you're a mighty nice person, no matter what anybody says. ;)

Thank you so much for all the many tasks you've taken on and the effort you put into them. You are very much appreciated. We were lucky to have your mad skills.

Now, take a hike :grin:

Look at Jason Jonas' Ride Master. We used it for Butt Lite 7, it works great, it probably does everything you need, and it's free.

Thank you everybody.

I looked at the RideMaster About page, the four logos represent exactly the tools I used, I used the Amazon cloud rather than Rackspace though.

Let me echo what has already been said about your contributions to the UnRally over the past decade and more. You've been the foundation of the Registration system, and I can't imagine the hours you've put in, on keeping Reg's straight and on keeping the funds properly accounted. We will move forward without you, but it won't be the same.

Thank you, Bob. From everyone. For everything. And for an awful lot we've just taken as a given. The website, and the UnRally, will always be in your debt.

We should also take this opportunity to offer our thanks to those who have helped so many Un organizers with other details of these events. I don't think they get enough recognition for their efforts. And believe me they do involve a fair bit of work. If I forget anyone, I ask forgiveness as my memory is not what it once was. Now, where was I? Oh, yes. . .

Larry and Louise (Mr. and Mrs. Whip) who not only have been our go-to folks for Un shirts, but have done many Torrey, other event, and specialty shirts for this website. Thank you both.

Laney Andress. Laney has been taking car of the Name Tags at the Uns, making sure we actually get to put faces with names and forge new friendships (which is one of the main raison d'etre of the annual event). Thank you Laney.

And now, very sporadically from memory, thanks to the Stovalls for shirt designs and more, thanks to Yeehaw Stephen and Miss Vicki for Registration management at Un1, thanks to Les and Jamie who led more than a few Pied Piper runs (spare alternator belt in hand), and a big Thank You to all others who labored up front as well as behind the scenes to make every one of our UnRallies the successes they were.

Whew! For a second there I thought you were divorcing us then I realized you were just retiring. Thank you for all you've done keeping us organized and babysitting us when we needed it, not to mention all you've given the riders at Torrey. I still remember riding in your truck to the top of Boulder Mountain. I couldn't believe you let Russell drive your truck. Hi Vlad :wave:

• 4 weeks later...

Bob,

You have helped so many on this site is so many ways to include myself and Matt with the UN at the little Switzerland Inn. My heartfelt thanks for everything you have done. Thanks again sir. :)

Shawn

Archived