IGNORED

rear fender supplement

Missouri Bob

Missouri Bob

Due to the extensive rain we’ve been getting, I have noticed that the rear wheel on my R1200GS throws a fair amount of water forward onto my feet and legs. Obviously, the bike does not have much in the way of a rear fender, particularly in front of the rear wheel. Has anyone tried any of the after-market products?

A&S lists the following.

rear splash guard

link

rear splash guard

link

hugger (pricey but looks effective)

link

Thanks.

Bob

I have a hugger similar to the Verholen model on my R1200ST and it works very well. It keeps both me and the underside of the rear of the bike clean.

Uh, ok.

I've sold a lot of these over the years and everyone seemed very happy with the protection they gave. They are simple install with plastic zip ties.

I've had #1 (Maier) and current have #2 (Machine Art). I really like the Mud Sling as I think it fits better and has cleaner look IMO. I also had a Wunderlich model on my 2008 GSA that stunk - poor fit, required adding foam tape to the frame, and let too much water through over the top.

Missouri Bob
I've had #1 (Maier) and current have #2 (Machine Art). I really like the Mud Sling as I think it fits better and has cleaner look IMO. I also had a Wunderlich model on my 2008 GSA that stunk - poor fit, required adding foam tape to the frame, and let too much water through over the top.

Joe,

How well does the Mudsling contain the mud and water thrown off of the wheel?

Thanks.

Bob

Archived