IGNORED

Nashua Stretch & Seal Tape

Selden

I spotted this stuff at Home Depot today, and decided to take home a roll for "future needs." Rated -65°F to 500°F, so it should be quite useful for rewrapping deteriorating wiring harnesses. It's gotten good reviews from those who understand how to use a self-fusing sealing tape of this sort. Similar to Scotch 2242 Rubber Electrical Tape, except that it's made from silicone rubber, rather than ethylene propylene rubber, so it has a much higher maximum temperature rating.

Stretch&SealBLKNEW.jpg

For your intended use it should be fine, but the pictured repairs are fantasy. The lumberyard/hardware store back in Texas put out a counter display but removed it because so many people came back wanting a refund because the product was unable to stop leaks like those pictured. If you are using it on a non-pressurized pipe (think drain pipe) it would probably do the job.

szurszewski
For your intended use it should be fine, but the pictured repairs are fantasy. The lumberyard/hardware store back in Texas put out a counter display but removed it because so many people came back wanting a refund because the product was unable to stop leaks like those pictured. If you are using it on a non-pressurized pipe (think drain pipe) it would probably do the job.

+1 I use it for various things with good results but have tried it a couple times on small leaks and it just moves the drip from the leaking spot to wherever you stop wrapping the tape; I guess that might be useful anyway ;)

I guess that's why the don't sell a lot of it in Holland????? :grin:

Archived