IGNORED

Just ordered a Laminar Lip

Mustang Guy

Mustang Guy

I just got back from a 5 hour ride, and I decided I have had it with the terrible buffeting on my 2013 R1200GSW. I was reading a thread just now, and it directed me to the Laminar Lip. I read through all the info and testimonials, and decided to throw down the bucks and order one.

The only concern I have is the additional stress on the armature that connects the top part of the split windshield with the bottom. Have any of you had bad experiences with the Laminar Lip in any way?

• 3 weeks later...
Mustang Guy

Update.

I got my LL and it works great. The buffeting on the helmet is all but gone. I still need glasses or my face shield down, but the improvement is enormous.

I haven't been on any long rides, but I did test it by driving 100MPH with the windshield in the up position. Nothing flew off. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have Laminar Lips on both of my K12GTs... an '03 and an '08

Way much better than without.

Nearly as good as much larger aftermarket screens.

Doesn't look too bad on the GSW. You may want to black out those mounting dots though.

Pretty is as pretty does...

I loved mine on a GSA. It did fly off once at triple digits so I drilled small hole through the lower dots and put tiny (2-56) bolts on. Solved the problem. Only other issue is cleaning and drying the shield in that area. Compressed air works best for drying.

• 3 months later...
How is it to debug and demud

Kinda PIA.

But as a previous poster indicated, You look over it.

Actually,

Isn't too bad if you only attempt it every 6 months or so. I have mine bolted, so it requires disassembly.

On the other hand, it doesnt come loose at triple digits. (or so I've been told...) ;)

Stevens Woodburn

I have used LL's for years and they work great and a lot less expensive than aftermarket large w/S's

I have one on my 09'Road glide, my 08'K 1200GT, and my 12' R1200 GS, don't need one on the 07' Guzzi Norge 1200 as it is a very aerodynamically designed fairing/windshield (electrically adjustable a la BMW) with little or no turbulence!!! Also used one on a wee-strom that I rode for a couple of years.

• 5 months later...
Mustang Guy

About the same as the stock windscreen itself. I use a new microfiber towel Dawn and warm water.

It's not that tough..

You will have to pay attention for 3 minutes or so.

ya flatten the soapy rag and drag it in between..

maybe even a finger or two, up in the nooks and crannies.

d'milan

Archived