IGNORED

Clearwater lights mounted with BMR under mirror brackets

Doug_Baliko

Doug_Baliko

I'm thinking about mounting a pair of Clearwater lights using the BMR under mirror brackets on my 2012 RT. If I do this, will I have to remove the lights from the brackets when I have to take the Tupperware off to work on the bike? I assume that the answer is yes, but I'm not sure. And how big of a PIA is it if you do? Thanks.

Doug

moshe_levy

I have that setup. In general, yes, you have to remove the lights. It's easy and takes an extra few minutes, although if you're anal at the end you'll need to re-aim them all over again.

Krista test

-MKL

Not to steal the thread but I too have a question about a Krista and BMR mount set up. When mounted, how much of a space is there between the light and the fairing on a 08 model? Pictures appear to show the light very close to the fairing but I would like a measurement.

TIA

Edited by mjac
Doug_Baliko

Thanks Moshe. I se in the article that you also had a set mounted under the oil cooler. How were they mounted?

Doug

I'm also interested in the under oil cooler location, and am considering the Denali LED lights, which look to be small enough to fit without interference issues with the front fender (R1100RT).

Minor thread hijack: I had cataract surgery a year ago. Went to a 4th of July fireworks show last night, and I couldn't help but marvel at how sharp the half moon was, and how many planets/stars I could see before the sky was completely dark. Travel at night isn't nearly as unpleasant as it was a year ago, but I'm still thinking of adding more light as next winter's project.

moshe_levy

Doug, I had some EZ-Mounts under the oil cooler. They work fine there, or on the forks like Moto-lites are commonly mounted.

-MKL

• 6 years later...

I always used the Police brackets for my Erikas above the mirrors. On the 2021 that is not possible since the Police setup under the faring doesn't have the support for the Adaptive Cruise control.  So that option is not possible on civilian motorcycles.  So I opt for the under the mirror brackets. Has anyone has any pics besides the MKL?