Sign in to follow this  
BFish

2007 GS

BFish

Found one on ADvrider that has me interested. Fairly low miles (mid 20's). Any advice on this year? Does it have the final drive drain plug or does the until have to be dropped to change the FD oil??

Matts_12GS

Brian, I think it has the drain plug. Also should have whizzy brakes unless it's a GSA. Feel free to give me a call if you have more questions on it.

tallman

I think you need production date.

Realparts OEM

The change was integrated into production 07/08 I think

AFAI can recall.

Good luck.

Even if you have to drop the rear, not that big, and you can inspect and lube alxo.

Best wishes.

Chris K

Brian,

I have an '07 GS and you do have to drop the final drive to change the oil, but it most definitely does not have the whizzy brakes. Except for that idiotic fuel strip it has been reliable over the 67K miles that it has on it.

JR356
Brian,

I have an '07 GS and you do have to drop the final drive to change the oil, but it most definitely does not have the whizzy brakes. Except for that idiotic fuel strip it has been reliable over the 67K miles that it has on it.

At least there is now a 12 year warranty on the fuel strips.

JR356

Huzband

FD Drain plugs on 1200's per Munich were not available till '08. My '07 GSA does not have one. :P

Edit' And no whizzy brakes, which is a good thing.

Edited by Huzband

BFish

thanks everyone

Marty Hill

Hey Brian, I put 42k on my '07 with zero probs. Great bike. Sold to a friend on the board.

tallman

Danny,

I believe some'07 GSA's did.

That is why it may depend on production date.

I think the OEM parts show production from before the year '08 with dran plugs but I really don't recall the time they changed models began showing up on the floor.

(Which could vary greatly based on when a particualr dealer sold

their GS/GSA floor models)

It all works.

Firefight911
Danny,

I believe some'07 GSA's did.

That is why it may depend on production date.

I think the OEM parts show production from before the year '08 with dran plugs but I really don't recall the time they changed models began showing up on the floor.

(Which could vary greatly based on when a particualr dealer sold

their GS/GSA floor models)

It all works.

My '07 GS Adventure had a drain. No pumpkin drop drill like my '05 ST.

Heck

Mine has an April 07 build date- no drain plug on the bottom.. The up side is that it prods you to check the rear splines when you do the final drive service- every 12k.

Huzband
Mine has an April 07 build date- no drain plug on the bottom.. The up side is that it prods you to check the rear splines when you do the final drive service- every 12k.

And makes you want to shoot someone whilst wrestling it back together. Namely the engineer that thought this was a good idea.

BFish

my exact point for asking the question. I'm a beancounter not a mechanic...never sleep in in Holiday Inn Express either.

talking to the seller this am so i'll get the answer.

Matts_12GS

And makes you want to shoot someone whilst wrestling it back together. Namely the engineer that thought this was a good idea.

It just takes a little patience to get it back together. Honestly, if you can do the valves on your RT, you can do this on YOUR NEW GS..

:rofl:

Important thing to remember Brian, don't ride it unless you intend to buy it... they get under your skin in a hurry. DAMHIK

Marty Hill

Brian, the '07 is a great bike. Put over 43k on mine with zero probs. I've dropped the rear drives about 25 times. It usually takes between 30 seconds and 2-3 minutes if it decides to fight you when going back together.

You will love the GS as Matt says.

BFish

As usual all your info is very helpful. Will keep you posted.

Heck

:thumbsup:

norah
Great bike. Sold to a friend on the board.

Yup- and he's still riding it and I bought an O7 as well to replace my RT. LOVE the bike.

Matts_12GS
As usual all your info is very helpful. Will keep you posted.

Hey Brian, are you a GS owner yet?

BFish

not yet