IGNORED

"........do not stop on the highway for animals. It's not worth it."

JerryMather

JerryMather

MONTREAL (AP) — A Canadian woman who parked her car on a highway to help a group of ducklings on the side of the road was found guilty Friday of causing the deaths of a motorcyclist and his passenger daughter who slammed into her car. :cry:

AP Report

Prosecutor Annie-Claude Chasse had a message for motorists.

"What we hope is that a clear message is sent to society that we do not stop on the highway for animals. It's not worth it." :thumbsup:

russell_bynum

What a tard.

I swear. You really have to wonder how people get that far in life if they're so lacking in common sense that they think it's a good idea to stop on a freeway.

My rule is not to stop for anything smaller than a woodchuck. Of course, with deer, sometimes you don't have a choice, which is why I'm riding a BMW rather than a Honda PC800.

I didn't see the scene so no comments on how bad her judgement was. Never a good idea to block a lane if any other choice is possible though.

I do wonder why a rider rode into her parked car. Blind curve or what? 1 car can't by itself block 2 or more lanes and generally if you hit something from behind its your own fault.

Did an unskilled rider own a piece of this or was there literally no way out?

I stop several times per year to remove turtles in danger of being squished from the road. But not in a traffic lane...

Makes a good reminder to be on your game at all times. And nice to see someone being prosecuted for killing a rider- hopefully with adequate reason.

Last week I had to call 911 because I saw an SUV stopped in the left hand travel lane on the other side of a divided highway......next to a grass shoulder well wide enough for the vehicle. :dopeslap:

As to the question of how the rider could have run into the stopped vehicle -

1) They may have been behind a larger vehicle which moved to the right at the last minute (had that happen with a box in the middle of my lane before.)

2) The rider may have been focused on all the traffic flowing at regular speed, and not computed the possibility that a car would actually be stopped in a travel lane until too late. (Had a car stopped in the right lane of our Beltway which was otherwise free flowing and that surprised the crap out of me.)

Overall, condolences to the family of the father and daughter who were killed. :cry:

Archived