IGNORED

Check In

Lets_Play_Two

Lets_Play_Two

Penelope and I may be the first home since we had a short trip through the farms and across the Cascades. Home at 3:30pm pdt. Thanks to the organizers and all the attendees. Penelope will figure out how to post pictures

szurszewski

Laura and I made it home to Portland at 7pm sharp - small detours to South Sound BMW to see if they had anything interesting (sadly, no), and then to Olympia to pick up our son.

Huge thanks to the organizers and fellow attendees - we both had a great time at our first official board function and look forward to attending future events. (Having now established a pace of one event per eight years of board membership, I think we'll be able to keep or even accelerate that rate.)

josh (and Laura)

Made it home at 12:30ish today. MANY thanks to Dennis and Laney for their trailer and going out of their way to get me and the -#&$&$-RT home. They are on their way further South and should be home by 8:00 tonight.

THANKS to all for your support with my break down and the unexpected charitable donations!

And NO, the darned thing did not start when we rolled it off of the trailer.

Russ

I'm a little late posting this as James and Julie, Dan, Deb and I all got home by late yesterday afternoon.

If you are having trouble putting faces to the names, I'm attaching a quick reminder:

Lunch on the Clearwater River at The Edge, Orofino

p><p> If it still isn

AlQaedaEh_zps87289725.jpg

It was a great time for all of us and we're sure happy you let us join in with the group.

Spent Thursday night in Ely, NV and arrived home today about 2PM to 110 degree temps in Mesa, AZ---just a little different than in Moscow.

Enjoyed seeing all the old friends and making new ones-- Look forward to more years of doing the same! Hope everyone has a safe trip home.

Back home sans bike. A momentary brain fade on Steptoe Butte resulted in a zero speed tip over and (found out later) a separated shoulder. Bike OK, minor plastic damage.

Nice that the Zumo has Hospitals pre-programmed :rofl: With the adrenalin still pumping but having the feeling that something ain't right, rode right in to the Pullman Hospital ER. They were efficient and better yet, almost empty! Got right in. 45 minutes later with prescription in hand, took a cab back to the hotel.

Great to see old friends and make new ones. Nice dinner on Thursday ... thanks Mark !

A side note regarding Med Jet Assist. Many have it for catastrophic personal injury but for $35 more you can cover this exact situation. Can't ride so MJA will ship bike home. Yes, I have to cover my own transportation, but would have to anyway since I'm ambulatory and not hospitalized.

made it to HighRiver AB on thursday for the night, the rear tire was starting to push cords, so found a friendly shop called Motorrad in Turner Valley just west of Calgary who did the switch for me this morning, engine of in the driveway at 5:30p central time

John Ranalletta

Made it to Golden, BC Thursday afternoon. Rode up to Jasper today via the Icefields Parkway. Weather cool with a little rain. Great day.

IMG_3774.JPG

Thanks to all the Un-organizers. Had a blast.

Made it back this afternoon after a wonderful ride down thru Eastern Oregon, CA, and the Sierras.

Kudos to all the organizers and volunteers for a wonderful job, a great venue, and a jolly good time.

Home. An uneventful 14 hour drive.

Un - Eventful??? I don't think so!

I nearly did a "Saddlesore 1000 by Garmin" when my old 276C GPS sent me on greatly extended trip from Moscow, ID to Klamath Falls, OR. It tried to do the same today, but I'm not as easy to fool the 2nd time...

We had a great time, and congrats to the great group of Un Organizers.

Special thanks for that pretty cake for dessert. :clap:

We made it Portland on Tuesday after riding in the rain most of the day. Stayed two days and drank a lot of beer. Stopped in Brookings and then rode over to the coast. Highway 1 to Fort Bragg and then Highway 20 to Willits. What a hoot that was. We are now in Santa Rosa at Mom's. Will now be working our way south. Big thanks to everyone that made the UN happen. It was sure great to see all of you!!

Tucked in at Winnemucca, NV for the night. Spending tomorrow around Lake Tahoe. Home Sat afternoon

Spent Friday with Mr. and Mrs. Sage Rider getting a very nice guided tour of the Carson Valley where they reside. Hit the road a bit past 0-dark-30 this morning, blew past Topaz Lake, home to a previous Un, and was back in SoCal by early afternoon. Lots of laundry to do.

Arrived home today, Saturday, about 4:15 PM, after overnights in John Day, OR and Alturas, CA. About 2150 miles total for the trip (woulda been more except for the weather).

Kudos to the Un-organizers for an excellent job, and the accommodating staff of Best Western University Inn. :thumbsup:

The trip home was down WA hwy 209 from Clarkston (or was it Lewiston?), to Enterprise, OR. There was a tree down across the highway north of Enterprise blocking all of the north-bound lane and part of the south-bound lane as well. I hope someone else wasn't too surprised by it! :eek: From Enterprise, OR hwy 82 to I-84 at La Grande, then I-84 south to Baker City. In Baker City, hwy 7 then 26 into John Day, OR. I was tired by then, and my preferred motel, the Best Western, was booked solid, so I had to stay in one of the other flea-bag motels in town. :(

The next day down 395 to Burns, OR for gas, then down hwy 205 to Denio Jct. then hwy 140 west back to 395 south-bound near Lakeview, OR (there ain't no gas along this stretch!). Then into Alturas, CA overnight (and a better motel - another Best Western).

Next morning, continuing down 395 to Hallelujah Jct., then through Loyalton and Sierraville to avoid Reno. There was some sort of bicycle event in this area, with lots of bicyclists on the road. Through Truckee, then on home to the Bay Area. A pleasant ride. In Alturas, I met a fellow on a BMW 800 GT, a newby from Julian, CA, and invited him to check out our website. So he may show up here.

Home!

Got back to Boulder around 2 PM today, caught the bus to DEN and two hours later, hopped on a plane to Minneapolis.

Corey and I did 2500 miles on this trip. This UN was a blast! Good to see everyone and thanks to the organizers.

We took Hiway 12 to Missoula, and then NE to finish the day in Kalispell.

Next day south around Glacier Park, and up to Waterton Park in Alberta, continued north via Kananaskis Hiway to Canmore for the night.

Today we took the Rogers Pass to be home by noon.

Thanks for the great event, nice to see so many people again, see ya next time.

Don and Peter

Stayed an extra day and then covered the 480 uneventful miles home yesterday. Had a nice supper in Canmore at the Rocky Mountain Flatbread Company and hustled the last hour under threatening skies. Sure enough within an hour of arrival the rain came down and continued all night.

It seemed so bizarre to go from the full parking lot at 6am Thursday:

Bikes_19June_am_2.jpg

Bikes_19June_am_1.jpg

To the last stragglers on Friday morning:

Last_Bikes_20June_1.jpg

Last_Bikes_20June_1-2.jpg

(Richard was off getting gas or something).

And poor Chris Olson's bike waiting for pickup:

Last_Bikes_20June_1-3.jpg

Getting more pictures and tracks ready for a Ride Tale.

Mike Cassidy

Special thanks for that pretty cake for dessert. :clap:

Lester and the Best Western folks arranged the whole thing:

Laneys_cake1.jpg

Mike Cassidy

Made it home at 12:30ish today. MANY thanks to Dennis and Laney for their trailer and going out of their way to get me and the -#&$&$-RT home. They are on their way further South and should be home by 8:00 tonight.

THANKS to all for your support with my break down and the unexpected charitable donations!

And NO, the darned thing did not start when we rolled it off of the trailer.

Russ

I knew there was something different on that trailer:

Rt_Russ_1100_on_trailer.jpg

Mike Cassidy

szurszewski

Since picasa has been rolled into Google+, I have not figured out how to post images here, but this link should take you to a shot moments before the swap was made. :)

I'm in 1:56pm central. 5158 miles total. Thanks all for the Un XIII, had a great time and rode a bunch of beautiful roads.

Well, it's Sunday and I've arrived in St. Charles, MO. Four days down and two to go before I get back to northern Virginia. Had a great time at the UN, as usual. Well done again to the organizers and the others who helped behind the scenes. I'd also echo the comments about the helpful staff at the Best Western. They could not have been better. I'd also compliment the staff of the ER in Moscow. They were very helpful in taking care of my pesky, persistent bleeding nose. Who knew I had to travel across the continent to get my nose cauterized. So far so good.

In this afternoon. Saw a few interesting things along the way, such as Craters of the Moon, Jackson Hole, the Wyoming State Penitentiary museum/tour, and a cool ride through the Snowy Range Scenic Byway. Thanks to all who helped organize the UN.

Richard and I rolled in to Benicia about an hour go! What a great UN. Great seeing everyone and great riding! Thanks again to all those that made it possible! :clap::clap::clap:

In safe and sound 11:30 . Thanks to all those who put this together.Good seeing the rest of you characters again.

Bullett and Twisties arrived in Brookings this evening a little before 6:00 p.m. Took the scenic route and spent a night in John Day and a night in Oakview. Today we came down the Umpqua and visited Walton Falls and had lunch at Steamboat Inn. Then a final push to home via Roseburg, Bandon and the coast. We had a fun time. Many thanks to the Un-Organizers for putting together a great venue with lots of fun riding. :Cool:

CoarsegoldKid

Had an eventful ride home.

IMG_0174.JPG

No broken bones were sustained in the incident. Big thanks out to Frank and Franz.

In safely via the scenic route on Sunday afternoon. 3200 miles, over 9 days in 5 states. Is it too soon to start planning the next BMWST.com event?!? Thanks everyone for making this another awesome event! Joe, glad to hear it wasn't more!!!

Tucked in at Winnemucca, NV for the night. Spending tomorrow around Lake Tahoe. Home Sat afternoon

Spent Friday with Mr. and Mrs. Sage Rider getting a very nice guided tour of the Carson Valley where they reside. Hit the road at 0-dark-30 this morning, blew past Topaz Lake, home to a previous Un, and was back in SoCal by 1:30. Lots of laundry to do.

Better late than never...

Overnighted in Winnemucca with EffBee, and also Bill Walker.

Home next morning (Friday) to show EffBee the town. Had a lot of fun. Thanks EffBee.

I enjoyed the Unrally. Thank you to all the Unrally group for hosting a great event! Special callout for LesterV who has attended every UN riding a motorcycle. (The only "un" who can make that statement!).

Also enjoyed being the token "American" at a dinner in town surrounded by the Canadian contingent. Pretty darn friendly folks, them Canadians! :grin::thumbsup:

In at ???? afternoon , cleaned up and sold truck to pay for this most wonderful UN, thanks to the UNorganizers , fantastic . 5 states, a few passes, but the Beartooth eluded me again with snow ,Next time. I miss you all already.

Got in early afternoon today, after a rather tedious **drive** home with a few side trips to see relatives. Cages suck!

Had a great time, as always. Kudos & many thanks to this year's Un-organizers, you all did a splendid job! :clap::wave:

Tank, NanGar are in at 1:15pm. Great ride from Oakridge today, no mishaps. Great seeing everyone at the Un. Also great running into Dave at the top of Lolo. Will have to remember to get Jacqueline's autograph next time I see her.

Thanks to the Un organizers for a great time. Nice to meet new friends as well as touch base with the old ones.

Upfisks made it home about noon on Monday. 3435 miles of wandering to Moscow and back. We need to get heated gear for the type of riding found in Moscow in June. We visited Torrey Sat afternoon and left Sun am. It's really beautiful in summer!

Tank, NanGar are in at 1:15pm. Great ride from Oakridge today, no mishaps. Great seeing everyone at the Un. Also great running into Dave at the top of Lolo. Will have to remember to get Jacqueline's autograph next time I see her.

Thanks to the Un organizers for a great time. Nice to meet new friends as well as touch base with the old ones.

Indeed, that was a surprise and a treat to meet you guys on Lolo! I hit another great mountain and pass south on 93!

Bill_Walker

I'm home as of Tuesday June 24 at 2:00 PM. 3595.4 miles for the trip! It was great to see you all! Thanks to the UnOrganizers for a great event! The only thing less than ideal was the rain, and not having enough time to ride ALL the routes.

Well, after six days of my return journey, I arrived home in Alexandria VA mid-afternoon today (Tuesday). In total, I covered 5,863 miles to, and from, the UnRally. Mt a$$ will vouch for every one of those miles. I was on the road for 15 days.

Well, after six days of my return journey, I arrived home in Alexandria VA mid-afternoon today (Tuesday). In total, I covered 5,863 miles to, and from, the UnRally. Mt a$$ will vouch for every one of those miles. I was on the road for 15 days.

Suck it up sister. :D

It's nice to have friends, isn't it, Mark. :grin:

Glad you're home safe. I think you got the long-distance award. In any case, it was very good to see you again.

Arrived home Tuesday, the 24th, after a meandering ride into Montana, then down to Boise-Alturas and Oroville. Lots of good riding, including Bucks Lake Road between Quincy and Oroville which is freshly paved for a good portion. Had fun at the Unrally and extend special thanks to the Canadians for doing such a great job.

Indeed, that was a surprise and a treat to meet you guys on Lolo! I hit another great mountain and pass south on 93!

We had to abort Beartooth and ended up doing Stanly and 93 too. Looked for you but I think you were a day ahead of us.

It's nice to have friends, isn't it, Mark. :grin:

Glad you're home safe. I think you got the long-distance award. In any case, it was very good to see you again.

Yeah, and from another Canuck of all people. :grin:

It was great to see you again too, Fernando.

Rolled up to the front door yesterday after "cruising" the coast. it was an epic trip. I'm ready for the next one!!

By the way, I rarely complete online surveys after a hotel stay, but I thought the Best Western deserved a good one, so I did. I mean they even took me and my riding partner Tim to the ER, so I could have my bleeding nose tended to. They also picked us up afterwards. Couldn't ask for much more, except perhaps to have the maintenance guy cauterize my nose and save me the trip.

Couldn't ask for much more, except perhaps to have the maintenance guy cauterize my nose and save me the trip.

.........adding that next to the "bike wash" spiff, on the UN site requirements list.

markgoodrich

I took a wrong turn somewhere. I'm in California. Spent the day on i-5 from Portland in the rain. I'm never going to get home at this rate. I don't even know the name of the town I'm in. I'm pretty sure I've ridden 12,578.3 miles so far. My rear tire looks like it belongs on a Honda Fit. It was fine until Suzanne arrived. Wait, did I just say that out loud?

Archived