IGNORED

UnRally V -- The Return to Gunnison: Lodging announcment

Tasker

Loved Gunnison for the first unrally so I'm really looking forward to seeing Colorado again. Just gotta figure out the logistics of bringing Jack. The hotel works for us only because it makes caring for Jack easier.

I can totally understand peoples concern with cost, being as money is tight for us now too with Meghan being a stay at home mom. But in years past when the unrally was normally at a campground none of the hotel people were complaining about having to ride/walk to the HQ. It's not like you're not part of the unrally if you're camping or staying at a less expensive hotel and the HQ is somewhere else. Like Jamie and Leslie said it's what you make of it. The two unrallys I've been to were great and I will always remember them. Just because I wasn't staying at the HQ doesn't mean they were any less great.

Reservations IN for the Inn. Hope my back holds up so I don't have to drive the car. Oh crap, I'm gonna have to buy a new Beemer for the trip. Don't want to be the only one there on a HOG. Course, "Sagerider" and his wife looked pretty cool on the one they brought to Cody! thumbsup.gif

Reservations IN for the Inn. Hope my back holds up so I don't have to drive the car. Oh crap, I'm gonna have to buy a new Beemer for the trip. Don't want to be the only one there on a HOG. Course, "Sagerider" and his wife looked pretty cool on the one they brought to Cody! thumbsup.gif

Much to my wife's regret, it looks like I'll have a running BMW this year! clap.gif

In, pending a possible change of employers but I'll look into negotiating the UnRally as part of my compensation package. (please send good karma my way, folks, this fantastic career opportunity pays seriously large dinero! clap.gif)

Yeeha! Stephen

Yeeha! Stephen is "In"... and at the HQ too!

For such a posh new place, I think I'll even by new Un-dies for the trip clap.gif

Now, to talk my other Texas neighbors into the trip.

John Bellantonio

Thanks Tasker, we are definately IN. When riding solo I prefer to camp but since my wife will be coming with me we are going to splurge and stay at the new Holiday Inn. As you know I visited the place while under construction. It looks great! Gunnison is only 80 miles from my home and I frequently ride there for lunch but I am very much looking forward to meeting my old and new friends from this board. See you all there.

I visited the place while under construction. It looks great!

John, I've told you via e-mail, but I'll say it publicly. Thank you oh-so-much for your assistance and for allowing me to use your eyes in Gunnison!

You done good! (Drinks will be on me! thumbsup.gif)

aTennesseebmw22

" IN " Will be camping at the KOA. Unrally 1 is the one I missed . SO now its time to see what I missed out on. I cant wait. I even look forward to the-mid-america-crossing. Currently looking for interesting routes across Kansas. I did I-70 coming home from Cody. Cheyenne to Topeka,one day and 702 miles in Julys 110 degrees was tough. So I am thinking a more southern route through Wichita and Dodge City this time,no slab.I look forward to seeing everyone again. The countdown begins... c'mon June.

David.

aTennesseebmw22
Currently looking for interesting routes across Kansas.
That's an oxymoron!

See you at the far end though!

OK that is officially funny...

OK, I've got a reservation at the HI. Bottom floor. Easy access. All I need is the time off. Don't know yet if I'll get that, but if I do, then I'll need a roommate. I'll cross that bridge later. Right now, I'm praying for the generosity and benevolence of my employer.

" IN " Will be camping at the KOA. David.

Dave,

Could you tone down the tent this time around?

640099-tepee_rs.jpg

It was a bit loud for the neighborhood in Cody, doncha think? grin.gif

Hope to see you out in Gunni this year! clap.gif

In for certain! Thanks, Tasker, for all your efforts in setting this up.

I travel a LOT on the job and for fun and don't think the rates are out of line. Most of these places in small town America have to "make hay while the sun shines" and that means Summer tourists in Gunnison. Yes the rates are higher than some other places in town, so you have the option of staying elsewhere.

The Gunnison area is FANTASTIC for riding and we'll be seeing folks we like, that is the thing to keep in mind. I do this for fun, and fun costs money. My other favorite sport is skiing, and that's expensive too but I'm not giving it up until I have to!

I've reserved 2 rooms at the Wildwood, an RV campground (no facilities for tents, sorry) that also has a number of cabins and rooms. I've stayed there before and it's quite nice. I believe the rate for a room with 2 queens, room on the floor for sleeping bags and a full kitchen is $79 per night plus tax. They may have some availability still, call 970-641-1663.

See ya there!

Doug and hopefully three or four others from Wyoming!

I will be camping.
So you lot at the HI know your way over to the KOA right? grin.gif

So is this the part where I say, "that's outrageous" and threaten not to go to the unrally if I have to go all the way to the campgrounds? grin.gif

(Note the above message is using sarcasm which does not translate well in text. No offense is intended to persons living or dead in the sending of this post. It's even got one of them smilies that show that it's humorouss incase a funny bone deficient person reads it.)

Edited by BrianT
Yeeha! Stephen
I will be camping.

Hint for you "New to the Gunnison KOA" tent campers... Don't let the managment put you on the Downside (West end) of the inner circle. It holds water almost all Summer long.

If you don't have a really good ground cloth, your tent will soak through. Even if you do have a good ground cloth, you'll still get a Large amount of condensation on the underside of your rain fly and your stuff will get damp anyway. DAMHIK! And, the grass is always soggy, so you end up tracking wet stuff into your tent. And, you can't kneel down in front of you tent door to get in... you know where I'm going. It's a pain.

Ask for the outer circle (outside the circular dirt drive) or at least the upside (East) of the inner circle.

This photo was taken from the "wet" side of the inner circle...

06116_3.jpg

For orientation, the cabins here are on the North side of the circle. You either want to be on the outside of the dirt road in this shot, or to the right (East) of the Shelter shown here.

The Office is to the right as this photo is taken, and the dirt drive makes a circle from and back to the office...around this grassy area. Grassy area has a slight drop & rain/sprinkler water catches on a small berm the dirt drive has, and soaks 4 to 5 camping spots where the photog was standing.

FYI ya' know grin.gif

I will be camping.

Yup,

After eating our steaks and shrimp at the HI, we will follow our noses to the hot dogs cooking at the KOA, I guess! tongue.gif

Oh yeah...almost forgot the grin.gif

Edited by bmwscoot
Yeeha! Stephen
Me? I'd rather be wet than take advice from the Inners. grin.gifclap.gif

Probably a good idea. I really don't know what rain & wet ground looks like... it never rains here. At least not lately.

(Did I just jynx myself for the Tx Hill country ride next month? dopeslap.gif )

aTennesseebmw22

HEY Jeff,

I knew I should'nt have packed that tent,it was just a tad tight in the top case.(its amazing what you can do in in a pinch). I am going to go a bit smaller this yr...thanks for the memories!! I will see ya soon.

David

sO...hOW many are going to make it then-- have we a number yet??

50 bikes...300 bikes??

Talk to me, Goose..!!

Too early to tell, Red Raider One! wink.gif

If people at the KOA feel they are missing out on the UnRally, does that mean they would be having an Un-UnRally?

If so, doesn't that just make it a Rally?

If people at the KOA feel they are missing out on the UnRally, does that mean they would be having an Un-UnRally?

i'M aCTUALLY tHINKIN' 'bout staying at 'Crusted Butt' and commuting in daily... eek.gifdopeslap.gifdopeslap.gifeek.gifgrin.gif

Lone_RT_rider

I think that has a similiar effect to crossing the streams....

Shawn

TROUBLEMAKER! wink.gif

Whatever do you mean? wink.gif

And please don't shout! grin.gif

Jeff - Don't go there! Some of us have to work with that guy! wink.gifsmile.gif

Hi Tasker! grin.gifgrin.gif

Just did the electronic reservation at the KOA (guess I'm an "outie"). Looking forward to some good stories around the campfire, that is, if there isn't another drought and they allow campfires! wink.gif

Me and a friend will be riding down from Seattle and hooking up with a couple of board members from MO in Gunnison - all of us are staying at the KOA

Me and a friend will be riding down from Seattle and hooking up with a couple of board members from MO in Gunnison - all of us are staying at the KOA

robdogg,

Are your MO friends riding their bikes to Gunny? I'm thinking about going and it would be great to have someone else to ride with.