IGNORED

Alice's Restaurant in Woodside, Ca. Sat. July 12th for Breakfast

JerryMather

JerryMather

I'll be up at Laguna Seca for the WSK / AMA races this weekend & I'm thinking about breaking away & going up into the Santa Cruz Mt's for the day to do a bit of riding & have breakfast at Alice's.

After breakfast we could spend all day up in the Mt's and maybe even stop by Phil's Fish Market in Moss Landing on the way back to Monterey afterwards, at least for a couple Oyster Shooters & a beer. :thumbsup:

Let me know if any of you guys are interested in joining me. I could be up there by 10 - 10:30 for breakfast. This has ALWAYS a fun day up there when I do this one.

Alice's Restaurant

17288 Skyline Boulevard

Woodside, CA 94062

(650) 851-0303

Hey,

that is about 15 miles from my house (I live in Ben Lomond which is off Hwy 9 closer to Santa Cruz. I might be around that weekend but am not quite sure.

A fun almost all day loop is to ride around Hwy 9, 236 and Skyline and then cut across San Jose to Hwy 130 and go up over Mount Hamilton. 60-70 miles with almost no straights at all. Pretty tight switchbacks going up the mountain but opens up a bit on the other side. You basically take that all the way to the 5 (Patterson) where you can zoom down the 5 about 20 miles and hit any of a number of roads that will take you across to the coast and Moss Landing. Have lots of water with you because it gets isolated and hot on the back side of Mount Hamilton.

What bike are you going to be on? Even if I don't have the whole day I can still maybe join for a bit of mountain riding and breakfast.

Cheers,

jason

JerryMather

J.king

That sounds like fun but I want to stay in the Mt's above SC and go down to the beach if it gets to warm up there.

Being at the track for the weekend is hot enough for me. That's why I like to go up there for a day to break it up and/or go cliff diving at the Arroyo Seco with my buddies when I'm up there.

Hey Jerry-

Possible maybe- I live about 7 miles from Laguna Seca in Carmel Valley See how it goes when it gets closer to that time...

Heck

• 3 weeks later...
JerryMather

Bump !

Come on you NoCal riders what's up? It's only two weeks away.

I'm going up on Thursday the 10th with an AMA Crew member friend if that works out better for ya. Mid week no cops clean roads....what more do ya need to get out and do this one?

Or..... You can ride up to Montery from LA on Wed. on the 9th for all or part of it. :lurk:

Maybe a little BBQ in Cambria, go over Ferguson Rd. to Big Sur or ride the Carmel Valley Rd. all are possibilities. Haven't decided which roads I'll be taking just yet. But I do know for sure that I'll be going. :clap:

I'd meet ya there in a heartbeat but, that darn three thousand miles I'd have to deal with first. :dopeslap:

Pat

CoarsegoldKid
Bump !

Come on you NoCal riders what's up? It's only two weeks away.

I would consider it but don't have a road bike for the time being.

• 2 weeks later...
JerryMather

Anyone showing up tomorrow? It was nice up there yesterday. Out at the track today but will be up there for breakfast on Sat.

Come on out if your not doing anything that's better than a beautiful ride in the Mt's and a pretty good meal.

Archived