IGNORED

Anybody else in a '14 RTW thinking of bailing the UN?

bwr

I sold my R1150RS and was planning on riding my new RTW to the rally. Looks like I'm SOL since BMW says we can't ride them and this probably won't be sorted out quickly.

Color me really disappointed.

I'm going to wait a few days before canceling my hotel reservation.

I think to cancel the room you must do so one week in advance, to avoid a charge.

I'm not sure.

You should be able to rent a bike, or get a loaner from the dealer.

dc

My room confirmation letter states that the room must be cancelled by 4:00 p.m. of the arrival date, so you still have time to work out details about how to make it to the UN. We hope that you'll be able to arrange another ride.

When Lester had problems with his bike in 2004, he was able to arrange a loaner from the dealer that made it to Cody (and central Colorado after that UN), so hopefully you'll be able to make a similar arrangement.

I think to cancel the room you must do so one week in advance, to avoid a charge.

I'm not sure.

You should be able to rent a bike, or get a loaner from the dealer.

dc

How successful have others been in getting loaners from their dealers? My dealer has made no attempt to support in that fashion, should it be a reasonable expectation?

To the original question, yes I'm seriously thinking about canceling.

My room confirmation letter states that the room must be cancelled by 4:00 p.m. of the arrival date, so you still have time to work out details about how to make it to the UN. We hope that you'll be able to arrange another ride.

When Lester had problems with his bike in 2004, he was able to arrange a loaner from the dealer that made it to Cody (and central Colorado after that UN), so hopefully you'll be able to make a similar arrangement.

Crap, I can just remember 10 years back, but yes we did get a loaner that we strapped a bag to. A mid 90's 1000gs that only ran on 1 cylinder.

Jamie and Leslie made us ride point on the way up Beartooth to Cody? You know, keep the slow bike up front.

All survived.

Crap, I can just remember 10 years back, but yes we did get a loaner that we strapped a bag to. A mid 90's 1000gs that only ran on 1 cylinder.

Jamie and Leslie made us ride point on the way up Beartooth to Cody? You know, keep the slow bike up front.

All survived.

...and after my R1100-RT transmission failure, I rode to/from the Cody Unrally on a rental HD Electra-Glide...

szurszewski
If you have one available there's really no reason not to attend by 4 wheeled vehicle! (I am)

Indeed! (And you never know - you might be able to "borrow" a bike while someone is otherwise occupied {or sleeps later than you} .... I keep hearing people talk about how they keep their extra key in the glovebox lock or the seat release lock by the taillight...) :)

If you have one available there's really no reason not to attend by 4 wheeled vehicle! (I am)

Indeed! (And you never know - you might be able to "borrow" a bike while someone is otherwise occupied {or sleeps later than you} .... I keep hearing people talk about how they keep their extra key in the glovebox lock or the seat release lock by the taillight...) :)

I'm tempted to drive to Moscow with my helmet on, it wouldn't be the oddest site in that neck of the woods..

szurszewski

Why not? If you don't come, who will eat your dinner and collect your collapsible wash-bucket?

If it would make you feel like you were fitting in better with the spirit of the event, I could probably be talked into loaning you my bike for a few hours at some point.

Dealers are offering bikes for RT owners heading out on vacation. Ask your dealer for another bike before you decide to take your cage.

Archived