IGNORED

Denali DX1 Lights......Install tips?

OzarkR1200RT

OzarkR1200RT

Fellow RTW's,

Came from a GTL to the RT and simply loving it! However, I miss my auxillary lights. Just ordered some Denali DX1 one lights from twisted throttle. A few housekeeping questions......

What source did you use as the trigger wire?

Did you tap into the high beam wire for "dual intensity?" If so, any advice on accessing the wire? Color of wire?

Or did you forgo tapping into the high beam and just leave them at high intensity all around?

Where did you mount the "on/off" switch?

Thanks in advance for the valuable insight!

VoipWizard

Hi

If memory serves well, my choice was a white wire in the wire harness that connects to the reflector box (is that the right name?) on my 2009RT.

I keep my lights at 20% unless I need them. My install includes a digital controller that flashes the lights rapidly and boy they see you when I turn them on.

No on/off switch, my setup checks for high beam use to turn the lights 100%. The controller also allows you to tap into the horn wiring to turn the auxiliary lights to a 100% when the horn is used.

Good luck.

Ozark:

I mounted those lights on my '13 GS, they are great! I did not use the trigger, they are bright all the time on my bike. I mounted the switch on the left handlebar using the mirror mount. hardest part on the GS is finding a place for the relay, perhaps easier to find one on the RT. The kit comes with some good instructions, and you need the additional harness for the BMW can bus wiring.

Archived