IGNORED

The run from SoCal. Looking for 1-2 more.

EffBee

With this Un taking place M-W, I haven't decided if I'm going to make it a two-day run (about 1100 miles) or a 3-dayer. That means departure could come as early as Friday 0-dark-30. Or, similarly, Saturday.

Looking at LA-LV, then 93/318 to Twin Falls, backtrack a bit to Nampa and up to Moscow.

OR

395/95 all the way up. Heat and posted speed limits will likely make the difference once I do some research, although this route is probably the one I'll take.

Anyway, just wanted to know if anyone was up for the ride. I'd go up with Nora and Vlad, but I'm a pre-sunrise person, and the only rooster those two ever liked was plucked, cleaned, quartered, seasoned, sauced and on the BBQ. By the time they roll out at noon, I'm 350 miles down the road.

So, if you're up for a 2-day or a more scenic 3-day ride up to the Un (you're on your own for the return, unless our schedules happen to coincide), let me know (PM me, please). I'm only looking for one or two people, max. More than that and things get bogged down.

"Anyway, just wanted to know if anyone was up for the ride. I'd go up with Nora and Vlad, but I'm a pre-sunrise person, and the only rooster those two ever liked was plucked, cleaned, quartered, seasoned, sauced and on the BBQ. By the time they roll out at noon, I'm 350 miles down the road."

Ummm...for the record, we went on a trip this last weekend and we were on the road by 8:00 a.m. on Monday. Yes, that's some what of a record for us :dopeslap::grin:. We are headed that way in a few weeks but not sure if we are going to Idaho or not. Still deciding. What we both know for sure is that we won't be leaving at o dark thirty. Hopefully you will be able to hook up with a few more roosters...... :wave:

Nice to hear from you, Queenie. 8AM??? Holy chihuahua. That means you were awake at 6:30. I'm calling the Weather Bureau to be sure, but I think something just froze over. :rofl:

Seriously, hope you guys do make it to Idaho. It'll be great to see you (even though you only live 20 miles away), and it might even be enough to make Wurty ride up from Emmett. :thumbsup:

BTW, if I make it a 3-day ride up there, I might not leave until 0-dark-45, just for you guys.

Yeah, o-dark-45 probably won't work either. We make take more than three days to get there cause we have to stop at all of the pubs along the way. I'll let you know what the final plan is when I know what the final plan is. Hopefully you can find someone(s) that you can head out with. BTW - I think it was frozen over along time ago when I was on the road at 5:30 to Torrey with a rooster who will go unnamed.... :thumbsup:

You really need to leave poor Nora alone. She's just getting ready for her retirement just around the corner. By practicing getting up later now, her body will be used to it when the working days come to an end. :thumbsup:

You really need to leave poor Nora alone. She's just getting ready for her retirement just around the corner. By practicing getting up later now, her body will be used to it when the working days come to an end. :thumbsup:

Poor baby. She's retiring before 55. She looks 37. She's got a Ducati, a 1200GS and all her teeth, not to mention a young man by her side. She should be full of energy. By comparison, I'm in my early 60's, look 80, feel 90, have one 15-y/o Beemer, a bad back, a bum knee, ear hair, and still get up for the day between 4:30 and 5 every morning. :P

Besides, she loves it when we compliment her.

You could follow Linda and I up 395. But then we are towing a trailer and I'm not sure you could keep up! :wave:

Nando:

I've done 395 from Mono Lake, CA all the way to Pendleton, OR. Some sections more then once ;) Knock on wood I haven't received a performance award but I have a friend who did north of Mt Vernon. There is VERY little traffic all the way from Alturas, CA to Pendleton. The section from Mt Vernon to Pendleton is very scenic and climbs and falls a number of times. On my way home from Lake Topaz I got passed by some sport bikes who must have been out for an evening ride from Pendleton. They were into triple digits and must have known exact mileage per tank since there isn't any gas between those two stops.

It would certainly be a cooler option then the Twin Falls side. But 395 south of Alturas was pretty busy.

Are you considering diverting to La Grande -> Enterprise -> Asotin?

Mike Cassidy

Fernando,

Carla and I would have joined you on this ride but we will be riding from Massachusetts to San Diego from 6/18 - 7/6. My RT will be shipped via Truck this Thursday and be awaiting our arrival in Lowell Mass on the 18th. It's our Honeymoon trip.

I've yet to attend an Un and really need to make it a priority. Maybe 2015.

Be safe.

Welp, Fernando, I like your hours but the starting point is a bit far for my taste.

I have all the other stuff also, so I would fit right in, debating bringing my back brace thingy. I think only golf hurts my back, the bike is good.

Welp, Fernando, I like your hours but the starting point is a bit far for my taste.

I have all the other stuff also, so I would fit right in, debating bringing my back brace thingy. I think only golf hurts my back, the bike is good.

Yeah, golf hurts my back, too. I just can't swing 130 times in 18 holes.

Fernando,

Carla and I would have joined you on this ride but we will be riding from Massachusetts to San Diego from 6/18 - 7/6. My RT will be shipped via Truck this Thursday and be awaiting our arrival in Lowell Mass on the 18th. It's our Honeymoon trip.

I've yet to attend an Un and really need to make it a priority. Maybe 2015.

Be safe.

You and Carla have a good trip!!

I'm slabbing up I-5 from SoCal to Seattle to spend a few days with my grandkids then east to Moscow on the Cascade highway. My return should be way more fun with nothing but two lanes and scenic highways. Leaving Moscow Thursday for Burns OR for the night. Then on to Lake Tahoe for Friday night and home late Saturday. Can't wait!

Still looking for a riding partner. I'm stopping in Winnemucca for the night on Saturday, and arriving in Moscow on Sunday. It's better if you ride with me. You don't want me to arrive ahead of you. I'll take your parking space and eat all the Welcome cookies in the lobby.

Dennis Andress

Sorry, Nando. Our chariot awaits. But, Winnemucca would be as good a place as any to stop Saturday.

XDSC0164-L.jpg

We recommend The Martin Hotel for a full fledged Basque meal for dinner and The Griddle for breakfast in Winnemucca. The little restaurant at Denio Junction had a great burger last time we were in. Don't count on fuel there.

Dennis Andress
We recommend The Martin Hotel for a full fledged Basque meal for dinner and The Griddle for breakfast in Winnemucca. The little restaurant at Denio Junction had a great burger last time we were in. Don't count on fuel there.

Thanks! Fuel? Supercar made it to Denver with but one fuel stop.

Thanks! Fuel? Supercar made it to Denver with but one fuel stop.

Yeah, that German Rav4 of theirs gets about 45mpg and carries enough fuel for a Panzer division. [/ducking for cover] :P

Yeah, that German Rav4 of theirs gets about 45mpg and carries enough fuel for a Panzer division. [/ducking for cover] :P

Hmmm... it's not too late for me to go back and say something sarcastic about your "airing out the Roadcrafter, not that it needs it" comment in the Excited Chatter thread... :wave:

:grin:

JerryMather
Sorry, Nando. Our chariot awaits. But, Winnemucca would be as good a place as any to stop Saturday.

XDSC0164-L.jpg

What happened to you two ??? Your not that old to be trailering bikes to a "ride in" BMW event. :dopeslap:

That's just wrong.

Dennis Andress

What happened to you two ??? Your not that old to be trailering bikes to a "ride in" BMW event. :dopeslap:

That's just wrong.

It is, and it isn't. I do miss the long rides. In trade; the car does use less fuel than two bikes. Having just bought tires for the beast I think part might be a wash. We carry enough food to avoid eating out. And it is comfortable. (fast too)

What made the decision for me though was on one of the trips home from Torrey. We just made it to Rancho Cucamonga, it was dark and we were pretty beat up from the desert. As we turned onto the 210, Laney shouted "I'm going home!" on the radio and shot off into traffic. A Banzai ride through SoCal traffic, at the end of a 700 mile day, is not much fun...

Hmmm... it's not too late for me to go back and say something sarcastic about your "airing out the Roadcrafter, not that it needs it" comment in the Excited Chatter thread... :wave:

:grin:

Great car. Wouldn't pick on it if it wasn't.

It's gonna be nice to see the two of you. And yes, the Roadcrafter is now void of the mustiness from spending too much time packed in the Aerostich bag for same, and is ready for me to don it and make it dirtier, uglier, and prouder than ever.

Archived