IGNORED

Just ordered my RT, how to obsessively track the progress?

Hypeman

I finally broke down and put a deposit on a '14 R120RTW.

Callisto Grey Matte, loaded minus shift pro.

Any way I can check in on the progress, or am I limited to updates from my dealer?

:dopeslap:

Any way I can check in on the progress, or am I limited to updates from my dealer?

Yes check with the dealer :)

If I was you I'd rethink the pro shift, it's without a doubt my favorite on my fully loaded RT. It seems to be the one number like in the fresh issue (June 2012) of Motorcycle Consumer News. MCN rates the new RT as the best ever. They had to look hard for negatives, saying too many distractions (all the good stuff) could cause momentary inattention.

Get the shift pro.

Congratulations and enjoy.

Jay

I agree.....get the Shift Pro....

Yes check with the dealer :)

If I was you I'd rethink the pro shift, it's without a doubt my favorite on my fully loaded RT. It seems to be the one number like in the fresh issue (June 2012) of Motorcycle Consumer News. MCN rates the new RT as the best ever. They had to look hard for negatives, saying too many distractions (all the good stuff) could cause momentary inattention.

Get the shift pro.

Congratulations and enjoy.

Jay

Norm LeFevre

Concur!

Shift Pro is great.

Hard to believe, but the hill-holder is pretty convenient as well.

I was skeptical about the gear shift pro as I was always able to up/down shift without the clutch on my other bikes and worried how I'd adapt to the quick shifter. Overall I'm definitely happy I have it. Just don't use it to upshift in the lower gears.

BTW: I like your color choice. If I had it to do over again I'd opt for that rather than ebony (which I thought was going to be truly black). Hope yours comes in soon!

Dan

See that, I was so excited I forgot a zero in the name. Luckily there are plenty of zeros in the price of the RT to compensate. ;)

Congrats on the bike, you won't be disappointed! Had 600 mile service done yesterday on mine. Can't get off the bike! It's got Shift Pro, but haven't tried it yet after two-weeks. Based on the feedback I'll give it a whirl.

Mile Hound

I have a Callisto Grey 2014 RT. It is a great motorcycle with shift assist and I know it will be a great motorcycle without the shift assist. Although I do not use the shift assist in all situations, it is a very nice feature. Congrats on your order! I hope you enjoy your new RT.

Thanks guys, I'll give the shift pro some more thought.

Plenty of time, as my bike is estimated at 10 weeks out. :P

Here's a shot from behind the curtain at South Sound BMW, they had 4-5 RTWs in various colors and configurations being prepped for new owners. Seeing the Callisto in real life sealed it for me. One Ebony available on the floor, no demo bike available.

10354486_463594840453615_2074890879_n.jpg

My favorite feature is the hill hold....love that one. I do like the shift assist on occasion. I don't regularly use it. I use it when I need to accelerate quickly while looking over a shoulder e.g. getting on a freeway with short ramp. I don't use it in everyday riding....However my understanding is the shift assist can not be added if not factory added.

My lease favorite feature is the seat. After a couple of thousand miles I give up. Have a producution date for a new aftermarket seat. I rode it 200 miles yesterday and my backside still hurts.

I rode it 200 miles yesterday and my backside still hurts.

Scary! :eek: Leaving Sunday for what should be three thousand or so miles of head therapy. Sounds like my arse is going to need its own therapy when I get back. :rofl:

Pat

Archived