IGNORED

Excited Chatter Thread...

Twisties

This totally sucks! I had the last-minute tire panic attack a week early and they're already mounted on the bike. I got NUTHIN' to fret about!

Better check the rotation arrows... They're likely on backwards! :grin::wave:

Plans have changed, thank you BMW :dopeslap:

While my kids are very well traveled they have never been to the Palouse where their parents met, WSU in Pullman. So, I will have a 14 and 18 year old in tow. We will be leaving Sunday morning from Vancouver to Moscow via Hwy.14, 12 and 95 in our little VW; yes another German vehicle.

PM or post their names and I'll make them name tags if they want them - :)

markgoodrich

Boy, am I excited. I can't WAIT to get north of New Mexico! I only rode about 500 miles today, from Austin to Clovis, but the temperature skyrocketed early in the day and I spent a couple hundred miles at 105+, with high 90s before and after. When the temp dropped below 100, I caught a chill.

The K is a better bike for the heat than the RT, with the wind blasters. I'm really glad I tossed my evap vest in at the last minute.

I made it almost 60 miles before getting stopped for 85 in a 55, and worse, a construction zone with workers present. Only got a warning, though. I think that's the eighth time in the last three or four years I've been stopped for speeding and gotten no tickets. Those of you who know me understand how I just get warnings. I was surprised this was a written warning, usually they just send me on my way.

I can report that Metzeler Z8 Interacts are stable at speed in a straight line. A very, very long straight line.

I made it almost 60 miles before getting stopped for 85 in a 55, and worse, a construction zone with workers present. Only got a warning, though. I think that's the eighth time in the last three or four years I've been stopped for speeding and gotten no tickets. Those of you who know me understand how I just get warnings. I was surprised this was a written warning, usually they just send me on my way.

That's good to hear you only got a warning Mark. Would've put a smudge on the rest of your ride.

Question... when you get a written warning doesn't that mean you're recorded and on record for a given length of time?

Meaning the next time there is no warning. :/

markgoodrich

I dunno the answer, Larry. I did get a written warning five or six years ago, but the deputy looked me up and told me my last ticket was 2007. I figure if I do get a ticket, I'll deserve it, and will happily pay it. I've been let go in Texas, Colorado, New Mexico, and Utah.

That's good to hear you only got a warning Mark. Would've put a smudge on the rest of your ride.

Question... when you get a written warning doesn't that mean you're recorded and on record for a given length of time?

Meaning the next time there is no warning. :/

Ron owns a, a c-c-c-car?!!!!

Nah, someone grab a picture of him riding in on two bikes at the same time, that's more likely.

I finally have a functional GPS – it took forever to get some of the bits and pieces I ordered for the GS. Cylinder head guards from BMW took a couple of months. The SW Mototech aluminium rack is still back-ordered.

Still have some decisions to be made on extra lighting, replacing the feeble horn and extra visibility items but those can wait.

I’m almost embarrassed that Moscow is only 10 hours from my house, which gives me about 6 hours of spare daylight. So it will be an early departure Sunday and late afternoon arrival ;)

Mike Cassidy

Lets_Play_Two

Penelope and I are also leaving Sunday morning and we only have a 6 hour ride. She is coming on four wheels with two dogs. I am coming the traditional Unrally two-wheeled way.

I'M all packed and ready to go. Leaving Friday about 9:00 staying in Carson city with brother in law then going up 395cutting across to 95 to

baker city. Probably take that Elk horn drive loop and then on my way to Moscow. Should get there Sunday evening. Not to late I hope . Time to have some fun.Will be good to see you guys again.

John Ranalletta

Overnighting in Sheridan, WY tonight after loooooong drive from Sioux Falls. Moscow should appear on the horizon late tomorrow afternoon.

Dennis Andress

Mostly packed and loaded. Leaving in the morning, stopping in Winnemuca Saturday.

Ya'll ride good!

Kickstand up at 4:30A on Saturday.

Are you going to sleeep.... or, read this........ forum??

Safe trip to you!

:thumbsup:

My son and I are on the way to the airport. Picking up a rental 1200GSW and heading for Moscow. We should be there late Monday.

:grin:

Sitting here waiting for the rain to stop and the border to open - it doesn't open until 8:00 a.m. In the meantime, go over our list 1 more time to try to remember what else we need to bring. :S

Should be in Moscow by early afternoon. :clap::wave:

The Lodge on the pass had great food the last time I was out

there. :thumbsup:

Wish I was with all of you. Have a GREAT time :wave:

Maybe next UN.

szurszewski

RT_Russ just left our place in Portland headed for Moscow - he should arrive late afternoon or early evening.

We'll be heading out this evening (after Laura gets off work and has time to take a nap), but we'll be spending the night along the way - should be in Moscow tomorrow by dinner time!

I am excited for all of you and wish I was on my way too! :clap:

My wife goes under the knife for her total knee replacement tomorrow morning. :(

John Ranalletta

Got two rides in today. First to Elk River for hot Huckleberry pie topped with Huckleberry custard. Second ride to Lewiston via the Spiral Highway. My butt cheeks should unclench in a couple of days. :eek:

In, yesterday about 4 pm. Mostly overcast this trip with occassional sprinkles since Wed. We and the Caddis family enjoyed Lolo Pass, ID 12, yesterday. 100's of curves for far greater than 99 miles.

szurszewski

In Richland, WA this morning (left Portland later than planned, stopped for dinner along the Gorge, got here at midnight).

Turns out no one is available for lunch in Lewiston today, so we'll probably save that and the spiral highway for Tuesday or Wednesday. Assuming Laura gets up sometime (she said "five more minutes" about an hour ago :) ), we'll head out, grab breakfast and be in Moscow probably late afternoon. Is it raining there this morning? It's clear and bright in the tri-cities.

josh

I'm so envious of you all! The new job I started late last year is quite demanding and by mid May it became obvious I wouldn't be able to attend this year's Un.

Who knows, maybe I can take a long weekend sometime soon and go visit the Whip's in Salida..... :)

Got two rides in today. First to Elk River for hot Huckleberry pie topped with Huckleberry custard. Second ride to Lewiston via the Spiral Highway. My butt cheeks should unclench in a couple of days. :eek:
That sound good ... well, the part about the huckleberry pie ... not your butt cheeks!

I loved the LOUD phone call I just got from Laney and Company. Missing you all. So glad you are having so much fun!

Miss ya very much,

Kathy and NIgel (Woof)

I loved the LOUD phone call I just got from Laney and Company. Missing you all. So glad you are having so much fun!

Miss ya very much,

Kathy and NIgel (Woof)

I was disappointed when I learned you were not coming. You missed a good UN, and you were missed.

I'm so envious of you all! The new job I started late last year is quite demanding and by mid May it became obvious I wouldn't be able to attend this year's Un.

Who knows, maybe I can take a long weekend sometime soon and go visit the Whip's in Salida..... :)

We will leave the light on.

Sorry we didn't make the UN.

:dopeslap:

Archived