IGNORED

Excited Chatter Thread...

Twisties

Now you've done it Jan. How on earth am I suppose to concentrate for the next upteen days until departure?

Yep... it's go'n to be good!

With all the road options to get there, I'm think'n we might get lost. :D

szurszewski
Now you've done it Jan. How on earth am I suppose to concentrate for the next upteen days until departure?

You just use the 15 minute rule.

(Spend 15 minutes thinking about this, then spend 15 minutes doing anything else - work, dishes, excercise, sleeping, whatever - then spend 15 minutes thinking about this...and repeat.)

(Spend 15 minutes thinking about this, then spend 15 minutes doing anything else - work, dishes, excercise, sleeping, whatever - then spend 15 minutes thinking about this...and repeat.)

I think parabolic modified 15 minute rule is more realistic. It starts at 15 minutes, as you describe, but the period keeps getting shorter as you get closer, following a parabolic curve. As well, the ratio starts out even, as in your example, but increasingly weights to UN thoughts as you get closer. Several studies prove this is a more accurate model.

szurszewski

I think parabolic modified 15 minute rule is more realistic. It starts at 15 minutes, as you describe, but the period keeps getting shorter as you get closer, following a parabolic curve. As well, the ratio starts out even, as in your example, but increasingly weights to UN thoughts as you get closer. Several studies prove this is a more accurate model.

And of course while you're spending that 15 minutes doing other things, who is to say you can't still be thinkging about the first thing...

Lots of snow on most of my routes, trying to talk the big KTM into a little trip! I promise to go easy on the Trail Attacks!

I do have a K60 Scout sitting around tho, hmmmm.

Lots of snow on most of my routes, trying to talk the big KTM into a little trip! I promise to go easy on the Trail Attacks!

I do have a K60 Scout sitting around tho, hmmmm.

I guess now that you've figured out you can carry your golf clubs on the beast...

So far I have bought 4 books and new atlas for the Idaho trip (I'll be 2 weeks on the road). I'm coming in the truck and camping out (darn, didn't win the suite!), the mutts will be with me.

markgoodrich

Guess what? Suzanne may fly in for part of it. I need to see about registering. Or is it too late?

Guess what? Suzanne may fly in for part of it. I need to see about registering. Or is it too late?

What a relief. Now there will be a Goodrich there that people like and actually want to see.

markgoodrich

What a relief. Now there will be a Goodrich there that people like and actually want to see.

Hurtful.

Hurtful.

I apologize profusely if I hurt your feelings in anyway. My only intent was to make Suzanne feel special and welcomed. :lurk:

markgoodrich

Hurtful.

I apologize profusely if I hurt your feelings in anyway. My only intent was to make Suzanne feel special and welcomed. :lurk:

Mendacious

It is getting close to the cut-off date (June 1) but you still have time to get your names in. It will be good to increase the representation from the southern states.

Less than 3 weeks until the official launch of this year's UN.

Hurtful.

Mendacious

Nocuous

markgoodrich

Jeez, Edd, you're spose to describe the other party's actions or personality traits or behaviors, not your own. And also, who doesn't know you're a nocuous person?

Lets see , if today is May 31 and tomorrow is June 1 …. I'd say time is running out

We got two days before a wedding thingy, then two days back home before UNDeparture.... It's like 4 days away now. I guess I'd better go service the machines!

Jacqueline
Lets see , if today is May 31 and tomorrow is June 1 …. I'd say time is running out

I guess I'd better go service the machines!

What are you waiting for? Get er done!
If Mark is going to be there, I should go, could be a free lunch!

I thought you have priorities now. I thought you were golfing?

markgoodrich

I'm in. I'll pick Suz up at the Spokane airport on the 17th.

markgoodrich

Count on it, Dave. Whip prolly won't remember....

Count on it, Dave. Whip prolly won't remember....

BaaaaHaaHaaaaa

Well, let's see, today I went out and "broke in" my new tires (Pilot Road 4s), so I'm pretty well set to go, save for packing, of course. I plan to leave the D.C. area early Tuesday morning, the 10th. I'm planning a fairly leisurely ride west. I'll be solo until meeting up with my buddy Tim in Laramie, Wyoming on Friday. We'll ride together to Moscow, arriving Sunday, with an overnight stop in Red Lodge, MT.

My son and I are doing a fly-n-ride--flying from Minnesota to Boulder and riding from there. I'm working on planning a route--any suggestions? :S

I'm mostly trying to avoid the interstate, but mindful that we need to be in Moscow, ID on Monday!

Getting excited. One week before liftoff.

Bike is as ready as I know how to make it. Road snacks (nuts/jerky) are ready to go. Roadcrafter has been dug from its duffel bag and is airing out (not that it needed it). Making small stacks of underwear, socks, t-shirts and jeans. All this soon to go into a couple of saddlebag liners. Decided on taking just sandals for walking around during apres-ride convivialities. iPad/charger, some spare parts and a bottle of oil are set to go. Got the road cash set aside. Gas cards are paid off and ready for action. Visa's ready for hotel charges.

All I gotta do is take it easy getting out of Dodge at 4:30A on Sat, and I'll be out of the SoCal basin in an hour and up on the open highway, headed up 395/95 for an overnighter in lovely Winnemucca, then arrival in Moscow Sunday afternoon.

Still looking for a riding partner, but if I don't get one, then the scenery and the miles will keep me company.

My son and I are doing a fly-n-ride--flying from Minnesota to Boulder and riding from there. I'm working on planning a route--any suggestions? :S

I'm mostly trying to avoid the interstate, but mindful that we need to be in Moscow, ID on Monday!

Wow, you have at least 1100 miles to cover there. And I'm not sure about the road conditions on the east slope of the Colorado Rockies after the flooding last fall.

I need a bit more info about how much time you do or don't have. In Idaho I would suggest including ID-75 from Ketchum to Stanley then ID-21 (Ponderosa Pine Scenic Byway) from Stanley to Lowman. Turn west onto the Banks-Lowman Road (Wildlife Scenic Byway) then north on ID-55 (Payette River Scenic Byway) to US-95 at New Meadows.

You could also consider going from Stanley,ID through Salmon,ID to Lolo,MT and then do US 12 back to Lewiston.

Mike Cassidy

I like from CO-14 up the Poudre Canyon. Wy-130 CO-70 Laramie, WY to Baggs, CO via The Snowy Range. 14/14A through the Bighorns to The Beartooth and across Yellowstone to 191 and then I-90 over to Lolo for Lolo Pass.

Route

Mrs. Caddis

What day(s) are you in Boulder? We are leaving from there on Thursday morning.

In Idaho I would suggest including ID-75 from Ketchum to Stanley then ID-21 (Ponderosa Pine Scenic Byway) from Stanley to Lowman. Turn west onto the Banks-Lowman Road (Wildlife Scenic Byway) then north on ID-55 (Payette River Scenic Byway) to US-95 at New Meadows.

You could also consider going from Stanley,ID through Salmon,ID to Lolo,MT and then do US 12 back to Lewiston.

Thanks! I'll check these out. I do have to plan a route back from Moscow to Boulder too.

I like from CO-14 up the Poudre Canyon. Wy-130 CO-70 Laramie, WY to Baggs, CO via The Snowy Range. 14/14A through the Bighorns to The Beartooth and across Yellowstone to 191 and then I-90 over to Lolo for Lolo Pass.

Jan, thanks for the info and the map. The section from Yellowstone to Moscow is very close to the rough draft route I was working on. I'll check out CO and WY section in more detail.

I need a bit more info about how much time you do or don't have.

See below.

We're arriving in Boulder early Saturday morning hoping to be on the road by about 9 AM Mountain time.

I had been thinking about this route for the first day, trying to squeeze in the out-n-back drive in Dinosaur National Monument if time allows.:

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Boulder,+CO&daddr=40.37519,-106.7946215+to:Green+River,+WY&hl=en&ll=41.372686,-107.473755&spn=3.112087,5.817261&sll=40.90202,-107.22197&sspn=3.134534,5.817261&geocode=FYqUYgId7rK5-SnTr40nTo1rhzFYgBugfDs5yA%3BFZYTaAIdg3Gi-Sml7KYbuGxChzG7s8pnWWEfiQ%3BFQCteQIdeq15-SlHjCnh4X1ahzH4TPTd16zL2A&dirflg=h&mra=ls&t=m&z=8&via=1

In Idaho I would suggest including ID-75 from Ketchum to Stanley then ID-21 (Ponderosa Pine Scenic Byway) from Stanley to Lowman. Turn west onto the Banks-Lowman Road (Wildlife Scenic Byway) then north on ID-55 (Payette River Scenic Byway) to US-95 at New Meadows.

Thanks! I'll check these out. I do have to plan a route back from Moscow to Boulder too.

Jan, thanks for the info and the map. The section from Yellowstone to Moscow is very close to the rough draft route I was working on. I'll check out CO and WY section in more detail.

I need a bit more info about how much time you do or don't have.

See below.

We're arriving in Boulder early Saturday morning hoping to be on the road by about 9 AM Mountain time.

I had been thinking about this route for the first day, trying to squeeze in the out-n-back drive in Dinosaur National Monument if time allows.:

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Boulder,+CO&daddr=40.37519,-106.7946215+to:Green+River,+WY&hl=en&ll=41.372686,-107.473755&spn=3.112087,5.817261&sll=40.90202,-107.22197&sspn=3.134534,5.817261&geocode=FYqUYgId7rK5-SnTr40nTo1rhzFYgBugfDs5yA%3BFZYTaAIdg3Gi-Sml7KYbuGxChzG7s8pnWWEfiQ%3BFQCteQIdeq15-SlHjCnh4X1ahzH4TPTd16zL2A&dirflg=h&mra=ls&t=m&z=8&via=1

Ridden that several times. A lot depends on getting through the park. The area from Vernal to Manilla is top shelf.

Monday 10:00 am…. 5 1/2 days till …………..Cr^p, I should be working… Am I? How can I work? Like I have things to do….. study the odd map for the umpteenth time, , pour more music into the gps, go on another 200 mile shake down ride, check my air pressure again drum my fingers on the keyboard some more………………… better go feed the birds as my next paycheck might come in handy next week. Am I excited? Naw, I just miss you guys and gals and need the BMW RT/ ST Brethren fix .

3 more days till blast off!

SWMcKinley is one of the new RT victims, so we spent a few hours yesterday servicing his back up bike - the "Goose".

Having a spare bike can come in handy. :thumbsup:

Plans have changed, thank you BMW :dopeslap:

While my kids are very well traveled they have never been to the Palouse where their parents met, WSU in Pullman. So, I will have a 14 and 18 year old in tow. We will be leaving Sunday morning from Vancouver to Moscow via Hwy.14, 12 and 95 in our little VW; yes another German vehicle.

I'm leaving just before dawn tomorrow. First stop is Columbus, OH, where I'll be hooking up with RT_Jim for dinner. All I have to do now is pack.

chrisolson

Pre-launch Thursday afternoon from Phx to Pine to meet up with riding friend. Actual launch Friday to Richfield then Saturday to Challis then IN on Sunday. Should be lots of good times !

markgoodrich

This totally sucks! I had the last-minute tire panic attack a week early and they're already mounted on the bike. I got NUTHIN' to fret about!

Leaving in the afternoon tomorrow. Gaining altitude and cooler temps in Flagstaff. We'll rush across the hot reservation with an early start on Wed and be out of the heat, mostly. We're excited

Archived