IGNORED

Feels like I'm in Florida ( sugar sand)

TEWKS

My buddy Jim sent me this yesterday with the above text. He was up in NH somewhere and I thought it was cool that he still had the Trans Florida Ride on his mind! :thumbsup: What me? Oh, I was having fun doing yard work. :(

imagejpg1_zpsc1c84797.jpg

Pat

• 4 weeks later...

I have a friend up in NH who just bought a Triumph Tiger 800. This pic made me look twice. Could this be the same Jim? Naa . . .

But next ride north on dirt, I'll surely send him the invite.

Get done with that yard work! :thumbsup:

roadscholar

I think we put this up before but it cracks me up everytime I see it so couldn't pass on another opp. Several lessons to be taken away but I won't get into them. :grin:

Kudos to Kyle B on a

Go fast, fall soft, carry a shovel?

Back around '71 I was riding sand outside Tampa.

Had a series of hills.

Several predictable allowing slight launch and land, and of course, one that had water/mud.

Took 2 people to extract me and about 5 to get the Honda free.

:rofl:

If no one else had been around I'd probably be a cold case...

:eek:

roadscholar

Had a series of hills.

Several predictable allowing slight launch and land, and of course, one that had water/mud.

Hope it wasn't the SL350 pig, that coulda been yer whole problem right there!

I think we just missed ya Tim, was riding the clay pits around Tallahassee '69-71, Kawasaki Big Horn and a RT360..... dadburnit : )

Had a series of hills.

Hope it wasn't the SL350 pig, that coulda been yer whole problem right there!

I think we just missed ya Tim, was riding the clay pits around Tallahassee '69-71, Kawasaki Big Horn and a RT360..... dadburnit : )

Big Horn. When I was in eighth grade a friend in the neighborhood worked at the Kawasaki dealer. He had one on loan one weekend & let me ride it. I was a smartass & thought I knew how to ride. I almost soiled myself. That thing was brutally fast. And had zero excuse for suspension.

And yet I still want one to this day.

roadscholar

Yep, it was kinda the dirt version of a Mach I, you knew it was trouble in the making. Didn't take long to realize I really wasn't up to the task so sold it and got a Yammie RT360, loved that, great all rounder and I still think forerunner of today's Adv. bikes.

Archived