IGNORED

Back to the Basics

Blind Squirrel

Blind Squirrel

I took a skills course this weekend from MotoMark1 in NC. We did the parking lot stuff: Inline cone weave, offset cone weave, tight left and right circles, stopping.

I was rusty! It was good to shake off the rust and get back to the basics. I went from being nervous and knocking over cones in the morning to a big grin on my face as I weaved my way through the course in the afternoon.

I can't say enough good things about MotoMark1. Small class size (I think a max of 8 people), plenty of instructors (4 for my class), they video everything you do then play it back so you can see your failures and successes. In one section of the course they put up tall cones so those of us that have bags can't "cheat" on the straight weave. Really gave me an idea of just how wide my RT is with those bags on.

Hey Scott,

I have taken what was the Precision Maneuvering course from Mark and loved it. I have signed up for the new Level One course on May 9th and look forward to the improvements he has implemented. Mark is a very good instructor, and like you say, takes the rust off quickly. As a matter of fact, until someone takes the course, they REALLY do not know what they are missing or how come they suck at driving their bike. (I speak from experience! I really sucked at driving my bike before taking that course)

Blind Squirrel

He has a new 8 hour road course that he will be offering sometime this year. I am looking forward to seeing what it has to offer.

Archived