IGNORED

START 2014 Check-in

Kinsley

Thanks to everyone who made it to Robbinsville for START 2014.

I want to thank Craig (TyTass) for organizing the Saturday meal and other help with organizing.

I would also like to thank Joel (Slumgullion) for his help with the logo and stickers.

For those who were "Out", maybe you should organize a START Over...name a place and date as I know many who were in Robbinsville would be interested.

Lone_RT_rider

Home at 9:45 AM after a grueling 2 hour and 15 minute slab ride. Thanks to Ken, Craig and Joel for putting this together. It's been an entire year since I have seem many of you. It was great to see you all!

Shawn

P.S. Big T... I hope your feeling better.

In at 4pm. Had a great time. Thank you Ken for all the work you do in putting these trips together. Thanks to the guys from Panama City for letting me tag along and a special thanks to Bob Foley for allowing me to take my time perusing the Suzuki/Aprilia/Moto Guzzi/MV Agusta dealership in Dahlonega.

A few shots from the weekend and when in Robbinsville be sure to eat at Pop and Nanna's Kitchen (breakfast all day, lunch, and ice cream)...nice folks.

i-36htsCn-XL.jpg

i-xxLWHqT-XL.jpg

i-HggRRxL-XL.jpg

i-F3n58gj-XL.jpg

i-pnxx473-XL.jpg

i-RJmFMDp-XL.jpg

i-wX2XKsv-XL.jpg

i-qVqDzx2-XL.jpg

i-WfCvBmM-XL.jpg

i-vWSn7SN-XL.jpg

i-BxnNz7X-XL.jpg

i-4WPckgd-XL.jpg

Exactly ten hours door to door for me. I-81 was a real mess north of Roanoke, so I got off and rode US340 all the way up to Frederick. While I was on 340, I saw a 1200RT with Vermont plates. Apparently TomK had the same experience I did and was using smaller roads to go to his overnight stop.

Thanks to all who made it possible, and I enjoyed seeing everyone.

RandyShields

In. Nice, comfortable, short ride home. Great to see everyone who made it. Ken, fantastic routes and photos. My wife said you should frame the hay and barn photo. Joel, very high quality sticker, as usual. I need to do more than one of these a year.

Randy Shields.

Very nice pics.

In @3:30.

Thanks to Ken, Craig, and Joel for all the work to make things go so well.

We both enjoyed seeing one and all and will enjoy this for a long time.

Stopped 3 times going home.

Played the lotto each time.

Won another $75 (started with a $2 ticket).

$180 to the good for what started each day with a @2 ticket.

Paid for gas and half the room.

:rofl:

Joe Frickin' Friday

JFF, home at 4:30. All's well. Catching up on email, will post more words and pics later.

Home by 2:00 and before the rain. Thanks to Ken and Craig for putting this thing together. It was nice to put the board names, to the real names, to the faces. It's all a bit confusing. Special thanks to Glenn, Craig, Jim, Dan, and Corey for letting the new guy tag along.

Home at 5:15...besides the hour of heavy rain between Birmingham and Tuscaloosa an uneventful ride back. Great to see everyone again. Thanks to Ken, Craig and Joel for putting this on and look forward to Maggie Valley in Oct.

home 3:30pm after a great ride. Thanks to all for the event, and many thanks to Cliff, Roger and Brenda in letting myself and Andy Raye join them on Saturday. We had a great time.

Home at 4:30. Started the day on the Dragon and ended it with 7 hours of slab.... what a letdown!

Looking forward to the next event with everyone... maybe that B5Q I've heard about in West Virginia.

Jim

Made it home around 7:00 after starting with a detour of 28 to Franklin, Elijay Rd, Charlie's Creek, and BRP around Asheville ... then slabbed it back most of the rest. Couple food & gas breaks, & more coughing. I hope I didnt give the crud to anyone else.

Thanks to Ken & Joel ... and thanks of course to all who could make it and who also bring the friendship, friendliness, and fun times.

Especially happy to see new members attend ... Mike & Clay. .Sorry I didnt actually get to meet you, Clay (that I was aware of).

Great weekend. Thanks again, Ken for making it happen. We pulled in around 5pm. Roger, we pulled off for a gas stop and ended up just behind you.

Bill Murray

Folkdancer48 and I returned home around 5 pm. We managed another ride on the BRP, from Cherokee to Asheville, along the way home.

Thanks to Ken, Craig, and Joel for another great event! Without you guys, these would not be possible.

Hope to see everyone in the Fall.

Another fantastic weekend of BMWST fellowship and riding orchestrated by Ken and Craig - thank you, thank you! :clap:

Back in DC last night at 6:30 PM after 5 days, and 1900+ miles of smiles! Mark (Marcopolo) and I rode home via Hot Springs and a few other nice 2 lane side excursions off the mostly I-81 ride home.

As most of you know, had intermittent brake problems (no rear brake) over the 5 days. Thank you to Terry for reading the codes and of course to Tom, Dave and Marty for their supervision of the process.

A few shots from the weekend

i-HggRRxL-XL.jpg

In at 3:45 Sunday. Great weather and a great weekend. Thanks for all your efforts Ken and TyTass. Nice location to hit all the good spots. I enjoyed meeting old and new friends.

I'd post pictures from our rides but Craig doesn't allow us to stop for pictures! :dopeslap: Nevertheless, great roads and good scenery and some good riding buddies. Looking forward to an even better FART.

Slumgullion

Got back to Atlanta around 1 pm on Sunday after chasing Chris and Ken through some great roads. FYI Richard B Russell's backside has new skins! Check it out! Enjoyed riding with Randy S. and thanks for taking the lead coming back from lunch on Saturday. Thanks to Ken and Craig for organizing a great event!

Some observations: The fellow driving the Ferrari probably stayed at the Microtel because he read about their great breakfast on Yelp! Where those waffles from Belgium?

Riding home as a passenger was a bitch! Wait I think I have those 2 words backwards.

With that full length mirror in the room, I discovered with all my gear on and a large backpack I look just like a Ninja Turtle! But I do ride more aggressively.

Thanks for the hard work and focus of the organizers. It is always a pleasure..

Hats off to Ken and Craig for organizing this event. As several of you now know, this is the first of these that I have attended and I enjoyed myself immensely, so again a big thank you to Ken and Craig for doing this (and Joel too for the work on the sticker). I'd also be remiss if I didn't mention Bob (Endobobdds) who invited me to ride down with him from D.C. Once we were in Robbinsville, I spent three days following his licence plate as he showed me mile after mile of riding nirvana. The same was true on the ride back home on Sunday. Thanks, Bob.

Arrived home at 5 today with no weather issues for a change.

Thanks to Ken et al for yet another fun event.

Glenn,

What a surprise to see you that far into the trip. I suffered on 81 the whole way. I always get off on 211 to do the New Market and Thorton Gaps and the Flint Hill/ Ada road on the way to DC

Glenn,

What a surprise to see you that far into the trip. I suffered on 81 the whole way. I always get off on 211 to do the New Market and Thorton Gaps and the Flint Hill/ Ada road on the way to DC

That's hard to believe you didn't have weather issues, given how you seem to like weather issues so much ... and so often. Were you disappointed you didn't head back into several inches of snow?

I know those roads well ... lots of fun. They were my way in and out of the Valley when I used to live in MD.

Glenn,

Ken, glad you got home safely.

When I saw the 1200RT in front of me with Vermont plates, I just started laughing. :rofl: The odds that we would see each other, as you say, that far in to the journey, had to have been huge. It put a grin on my face for a while and helped me get through the sections with lights and slow moving cages.

Archived