IGNORED

BE CAREFUL!!!...... BMWST.com can change your life!!!!

Whip

Mrs Whip and I joined this cyber family a long time ago, not as long ago as some but longer than others. We put a lot into building relationships with as many people as we could. We opened our homes to many many many folks enjoying each moment we spent with this great group of folks. Not one bad experience in 8 years and hundreds of visits.

Some stayed days and even weeks.....

Hard%20as%20Nails%202006%20460-L.jpg

....because I broke my leg and needed a friend to help me.

ems-L.jpg

We had some people stay with us before they became famous.

DSC_0007-L.jpg

Some visited from foreign lands

DSC_0046-L.jpg

Some stayed when we weren’t even home.

Hard%20as%20Nails%202006%20167-L.jpg

Torrey%20XII%20555-L.jpg

They didn’t always come on bikes.

DSC_0029-L.jpg

DSC_0006-L.jpg

Sometimes they just needed a place to lay their heads.

DSC_0020-L.jpg

Sometimes people met to make deals.

DSC_0001-L.jpg

DSC_0022-L.jpg

Some were in a hurry.

IMG_3258-L.jpg

DSC_0001-L.jpg

Sometimes things were left behind.

Hill%20Country%20Preride%20003-L.jpg

Hill%20Country%20Preride%20005-L.jpg

Others just wanted a place to mend their socks.

DSC_0001-L.jpg

Some needed a bath.

Hardwood%20floor%20002-L.jpg

They were always easy to entertain.

DSC_0137-L.jpg

Others came because I needed their help and they would NEVER leave me to die.

DSC_0164-L.jpg

The best part was all those hugs and smiles.

There was never a time when we weren’t sad to see y’all go.

Then came the Salida UnRally.

Some of you may know that Mrs Whip and I have traveled all over this country visiting many places of interest along the way. We always felt good near the Rockies, but could not find a place that would meet all our needs. Mrs Whip wanted a grocery store, nice butcher shop, hospital, a few good restaurants, a place to get her hair done and a yoga studio. I wanted a liquor store, Dominoes to deliver, some good place to ride and a nice view of the mountains from our house...that we could afford. $$$ We had been through or near Salida prolly ten times and were never impressed, but we never got off Highway 50. The old downtown is like a mini 6th street in Austin with live music and dudes playing guitar out of the street corners humming a tune. Salida has a great night life for a small town and the locals all seem to be in good spirits. We have been welcome by almost everyone and want to spend as much time there as we can.

I don’t know who to give the credit (or blame) to RoadScholar, Randy, or Nando....or all of them ...or someone else???

Check out Whipville West.

10168025_10202211870961720_2195190561772944859_n-L.jpg

photo from Lawnchairboy

The view from our deck.

ththt-L.jpg

Full Moon western sky view over looking the town.

8-L.jpg

Plenty of room for guests. Great dirt roads, trails, and paved ribbons of fun and games in all directions.

During the negotiating process for the house we came across a bidness for sale that looked interesting. A drug store in the historic district that has been open continuously since 1901.

D-L.jpg

I stood outside the store(not me in the pic) and called the phone number. Within 2 minutes I was negotiating bidness number 24(I lost count). After I got a picture of the deal I went riding for a few days with members from this cyber family. Then went back to Salida before going home to think about it some more. I was surprised to find that Mrs Whip liked the idea. I made a deal to retain the current manager(best bidness decision I ever made) if the deal was completed.

The end result.....

The F Street Five and Dime

www.salida510.com

Great story. I had nothing to do with it. It's always been about how lovingly you receive everyone and how gratefully they return that. If you apply that Whip Family approach to the people of Salida, you're going to have yet another great success on your hands.

Congratulations! If we ever retire to Montrose, we'll be coming over Monarch Pass once a month for dinner, or have dinner waiting for you when you get to our place.

lawnchairboy

Glad to know the whole pack , especially the leader of the revolution.

I have met many many generous folks in this place & I am better for it.

Hug rusty for me.

Hey! Is that a picture of Harry Truman on the wall? Great score for you guys! I wish you all the success in the world and I thought me getting a puppy would be a life changer! :)

It's been a real life changer for me. I am honored to be included in this retrospective.

Matt said it perfectly for me. Congratulations to you both. :wave:

Congrats Whip... I am out your way in September... will make a point for our group to stop by and check it out.

All the best!

Chris

New house, new store, but poor Louise still has the same old Larry. :wave:

Two out of 3 ain't bad. Besides, she picked him. :wave:

But he still owes me a beer. :rofl:

I'd been wondering about this vaunted Salida connection. Now I know.

I think you need some T-shirts with the F Street Five and Dime logo on 'em! Chalk me up for a large when you get 'em in.

And I might just show up on the doorstep one day....

Enjoy! You two deserve the best.

You ARE the best!

Congratulations Whip and Louise :clap: !

Deb and I love Salida, we've stayed there several times at a great little B&B called The Thomas House, a short stroll to downtown :) !

We wish you good fortune with the new business :thumbsup: .

But he still owes me a beer. :rofl:

Join the lineup. I guess we have to go to Whipsville South or West to collect.

Continued success, peace and happiness to two of our favourite people.

Mike & Linda Cassidy

After I got a picture of the deal I went riding for a few days with members from this cyber family. Then went back to Salida before going home to think about it some more

And what a ride it was........we are doing it again this year, aren't we?

Russ

SageRider

Congrats to Mr. Whip and the missus!!!

(and I don't think I've ever seen Bob quite so "lively"!)

:wave:

beemerboy

It's so nice to read this and know that I had but a small part in your relocation! Best wishes to you and Mrs. Whip and hope to see ya'll soon!!

Archived