IGNORED

H11 Source?

OlGeezer

I discovered that one of my fog lights has burned out. It's a H11. Can I pick one up at the auto parts store, or are they a special variety on the GSAs?

Thank you,

It turns out they are all different, colors (temperature) so I bought two.

I got the Sylvania Ultra bulbs. Hope they last.

Sigh...

Plot thickens.

I got the bulbs swapped out. Went on a short test ride. What the heck, It's 74F at 8:30pm.

Now I get a high speed blink when I turn the left turn signals on. Front one is out. I get a "1FLASH1" on my display, then a "2FLASH", "3FLASH" and then finally a 4FLASH". It cycles through all 4 several times before I get home.

After arriving at home, I pull out the bulb and the filament looks fine. I swap it with the right one and I still get a quick blink and front bulb is still out.

I plug in my trusty GS911 where I get fault code 41797, or left front turn signal. Doh! I try to reset and test again. It came back.

The only other thing I've done to the bike remotely related is that I had to pull the turn signal stalks off in order to install my headlight guard. I did not have to disconnect the turn signal, just pull it out slightly to install the bracket.

Any ideas?

Archived