IGNORED

Marsee Full Flow 3pc. One Wear System

mrsoup

I want to buy a versitle 3 season riding jacket and am condidering the Marsee Full FLow. Please share your experiences with this system. It just got great reviews in Rider magazine in their lastest issue. How well does it cool in 90 degree temps and what is the low end of the 'comfort' range, 40's-50's?

Is their sizing true or run small? I currently have a Mesh-Tex 11 that is an XLT that fits great. I prefer the length of the Tall size to cover the belt at the waist. Marsee does not offer Tall sizes, do you see this being a problem for us longer torso folks?

It looks like a well thought out system. The only one to offer the rain jacket on the outside so the jacket and pockets don't get soaked!

Size seems to run OK. A tall would be a good thing though... I don't wear mine very often for that same reason. I also was very disappointed that the zipper on the back of the jacket is a different kind and is the reverse of the one on my marsee summer/mesh pants so I can't even connect the two. The summer venting it offers is OK but my BMW Airflow is better. OK... That all sounded too negative and I didn't intend for it to.... It's a good jacket overall...certainly useful as almost a three season jacket... I just really wish it was a little longer as I always pereceive that my lower back is not properly covered.

I bought a 44 when normally a 42 is my size. Fits. As for low temps....I've ridden at 30 F and am warm. In the summer it is ok. It could be that my RT gives me too much protection but at 90 to 110 F it was pretty hot. It's a bit bulky when all three layers are attached to each other. No real problems with the construction quality. I'd probably buy it again.

I really like mine. I just did a trip to Waveland, Mississippi from South Ga and it was perfect. Low 40's and steady 15-20 mph wind. Also I ride a gs so the wind protection is not so much. I am 5'11" and 190lbs. I bought a 46. I can wear a fleece layer underneath with good mobility. I can't imagine a lighter jacket in the summer, without the rain layer. I like the fit. I bought a Darien first, but I like this coat and sold the darien. I still prefer the darien pants.To each his own, but I have no regrets in this jacket.

Rob<><

Tourmaster (Cortech) APX jacket. Have it... love it. Great cooling. Zip out full liner of course. 3/4 length. Just do a search for it (google).

Archived