IGNORED

My RT/S in the making

TEWKS

Very nice... btw, my top case comes color match back to me on Sunday... can't wait! Nice decision on the wheels... looks cool!

Thanks Chris, I like the look! :thumbsup:

Hi Tewksbury, what have you had done?

Hi Andy, powder-coated the rims gloss black and had the top case painted to match the bike.

A company called TSS Graphics is going to make me some graphics similar to the ones on the GT Sport. It may look great, it may not. If not, I can always peel them off. ;)

Pat

NB, he did a little of both I guess. I brought him a side case and he snapped a picture with his "paint camera" for lack of a better description. From that he got a formula and cross checked it with the paint code I gave him from my dealer. He then mixed it, pretty cool to watch how it's done.

Unfortunately It's a shade or two darker but outside, it's not noticeable.

Edit... I didn't think you could buy paint directly from BMW or if you could, it would be outrageously expensive. Or in other words, bmw normal. :grin:

Pat

Very nice looking Bike ... Is that a new Top Case painted to match , the shape seem to be different than the older units.

Thanks guys. It's the top case from my traded K16GT. Yes, little different shape from the older 05-13 RT setup. It will fit those bikes though, same rack.

Pat

Pat - I am currently on the fence about painting my new case to match. My 14RT is also QBM and I'm concerned about the paint shop's ability to match. I think a poorly matched box will look worse than the OEM silver. Can you post a few more pictures from a few different angles or lighting conditions? I need help making this decision!

Yeah makes quite a difference. PS....seems the going rate with paint is about two hundred bucks.

Pat

Speaking of painting to match, I pick this up tomorrow (my paint job was a bit more, due to the nature of the cost of the Ebony Metallic - $140.00 a quart)

Will post pics of the bike and top case tomorrow.

1662623_469615199834902_2042059770_n_zps9a7e56ae.jpg

A mockup of the graphics I was thinking of, the finished version will be a dark grey similar to the accent panels. Jumping the shark? :S

IMG_7241_zps65a9f3ca.jpg

IMG_7243_zps010a2759.jpg

IMG_7254_zpse83f297f.jpg

Pat

szurszewski
A mockup of the graphics I was thinking of, the finished version will be a dark grey similar to the accent panels. Jumping the shark? :S

IMG_7241_zps65a9f3ca.jpg

IMG_7243_zps010a2759.jpg

IMG_7254_zpse83f297f.jpg

Pat

I'd consider black 3M reflective there - during the day it would look similar to the accent panels, but at night it would look a lot like it does in your mockup photo there, and of course it would increase your visibility from the side. Bonus: if you don't like it, you can always pull it off and then have it painted :)

Nice to personalize a bike.

Make it your own. No "American Idol" reference intended.

Ever think about doing something with the chrome trim on the fairing.

Personally, didn't like the look of that right from the start.

Chrome...

Reminds me of a Buick....

Hi Tewks (Pat),

Like the wheels and in principle I like the graphic.

However I would finish it a little further back from the nose of the bike and avoid that dip downward that you have there. I think it detracts from the elegance of the rest of it.

Nice work. We love this customisation when done tastefully.

Thanks Andy, yeah in my mind that front graphic looked better than what it does. Have to rethink that one.

Pat

(Roadwolf) Chris took pity on me and my lame attempt at designing some graphics for my bike. He magically applied these beautiful graphics to my bike without ever leaving South Carolina! Very Cool!

And, thank you! :thumbsup:

PatRTLightGrayHashStripesFairing_zps05d7520a.jpg

PatRTLightGrayHashStripes_zps74c7100d.jpg

PatRTLightGrayHashStripesCases_zpse3eb7380.jpg

Pat

With Pat wanting something to jazz up this bike, I have a request to send this out to another new RT owner.

With that being said, if anyone is interested in these, I can make a 1/1 scale template that you can in turn use for turning these into a set of decals. I am slammed with freelance until late next week, so that is when I can get to it. Fortunately I have the RT as well, so I can test the template out on my bike, to make sure curves and spears are dead on. So Pat, I would hold off on doing anything to yours until I can work them up.

Work for you guys?

Chris

brucewinter

Any thoughts of this design on the new ebony?

Black reflective?

Red or black carbon fiber?

May not be visible in the daylight.

Ideas?

szurszewski
Chris,

Who makes decals from a pattern like this, and can a novice stick them on?

Thanks

I'm not Chris, but any sign shop can do this for you (that's what a lot if not most signage you see on cars, shop windows, and a lot of regular signs is now - just cut vinyl). They'll also have lots and lots of colors and types of vinyl for you to choose from - including, and maybe I mentioned this before, several different reflective colors.

Back when we lived in AK, I used to have stuff like this made a skateboard shop in the downtown mall. They had a big computer controlled vinyl cutter to make all those obnoxious stickers teen owned tuner cars have in the windows, but they were friendly folks and wicked cheap.

Any thoughts of this design on the new ebony?

Ideas?

I think this is where a less complex color works better. The ebony being so deep with all the red flake might not work. But then again, I've already shown I know nothing about this. :grin:

I'd like to see the Callisto Grey Met Matt with the black graphics. :thumbsup:

Pat

For those interested, the art I will be working up will be vector (Adobe Illustrator CC) which can be provided numerous ways (.eps, .ai, pdf) and with that file you can take to any shop that creates vinyl graphics and you are good to go. The art will be exact for lines and radius curves. I think the reflective substrate from 3M would be GREAT! Much like Fernando's Moto Equip reflective side case stickers, which I have a set.

Look for the template in about 7 days. Also, my services are available for more of these type projects down the road, for a reasonable fee.

Thanks guys!

Chris

Concorde-hawaii.jpg

I know there's humor behind this picture and I'll probably get it around 2 am tomorrow morning. :grin:

Pat

Look at their profiles.

The Concorde and the graphics.

May be just me, but...my first thought was speed, aerodtnamic, supersonic, zoom zoom.

YMMV

:wave:

It's a great photo...Where is that?

What strikes me is the blight on the right hand side of the pic.

Appears to be some kind of cancer on the land.

Chris, is there a name to this shade of grey in your program, or was it just picked from a color chart? Did I mention how much I love this look! :thumbsup:

Pat

Doug_Baliko
(Roadwolf) Chris took pity on me and my lame attempt at designing some graphics for my bike. He magically applied these beautiful graphics to my bike without ever leaving South Carolina! Very Cool!

And, thank you! :thumbsup:

PatRTLightGrayHashStripes_zps74c7100d.jpg

PatRTLightGrayHashStripesCases_zpse3eb7380.jpg

Pat

I really like that!

Me too

That's a brilliant design.

Now have that in the reflective material (the ones that light up at night when lights hit them) and you have an absolute winner.

Pat, this was done in CMYK (Process Ink) for now... it can be color matched to a PMS color, but you would be better off using whatever shade of gray sticker stock that the vendor has on hand. And then there is the 3M reflective material altogether.

Chris

Got it! :thumbsup: I will call the guy I've been talking with tomorrow. Hopefully he hasn't spent too much time designing something. Don't believe he has.

Pat

• 1 month later...

Archived