IGNORED

garmin 2730

Rich06FJR1300

Rich06FJR1300

Does this unit have a hard drive on it? I know that's an issue when placing it on a motorcycle (i know that the 2620 unit wasn't recommended as the vibration from the bike could damage the unit), not sure if the 2730 has a hard drive or is solid state like the 2610.

As was stated, it has flash memory. Just received mine a couple days ago and have yet to mount it on the bike. I used it in a car to set it up and add the XM to my existing account. The only thing I don't like about it so far is that they use the USB connection to attach the XM radio. The included garmin XM antenna is a bit large and clunky. I would guess some of the aftermarket people will quickly come out with a conversion cable (USB to MCX) to allow you to use other XM antenna that are smaller, but I don't know that for sure. I hope so. Will make the

I have very little experience with XM in general. However, I just mounted the 2730 and the associated GXM 30 antenna/receiver on my GS Adventure. Everything works great. The GPS, XM radio, XM Weather, XM Traffic, MP3 player all exceeded my expectations.

I doubt that they will be making the smaller XM antenna compatible with the Garmin 2730 as the unit itself does not have an XM receiver built in. The XM receiver and antenna are contained in the GXM 30, hockey puck sized disc.

This gadget works so well, I can hardly wait for the next generation in a couple of years!

Archived