IGNORED

Ebony LE Ordered,

simonB

Hi Guys,

Simon here from the UK calling in, Just managed to order a LE spec RT in Ebony this weekend, only 8 weeks until delivery :Cool: This bike should be just a little bit of an evolution over my current bike, a R1100RT with approx. 118K on the clock!

As I have 8 weeks to go, please keep the ride reports rolling in along with hints/tips! anyone found a paint protection kit yet?

Simon.

Congrats on the new bike to come, bet you're gonna love it! :thumbsup: Owned mine for a few weeks now and have yet to put a single mile on it. Actually, it's still at the dealership waiting for winter to GO AWAY! :mad:

Pat

I haven't found one yet. Thanks for that link. I am mostly looking for protection for the bags and those shiny night reflector tape for the rear bags...Had them on my 1150 and they are truly amazing at night.

Hi Simon,

Mine should be delivered next week. The current sunshine makes the wait seem endless.

I had a 3M Ventureshield full kit fitted in Birmingham on my last K1600GT by http://covertechmidlands.com/

Brilliant service and highly recommended. I believe there are authorised installers all over the UK.

Regards

Chris van H

The other thing we were trying to find is black or clear reflective strips to apply to the likes of the Pannier rear faces.

I believe EffBee had something going with this stuff in the US for the 1100/1150's

I haven't found one yet. Thanks for that link. I am mostly looking for protection for the bags and those shiny night reflector tape for the rear bags...Had them on my 1150 and they are truly amazing at night.

Sirrea BMW has both the reflective precut and protection you are looking for. Remember the bags/top case are the same as the K1600

http://www.sierrabmwonline.com/index.php/bmw-shop-model-bmw-r1200rt-c-67_297?page=2&sort=2a

This is true. The Reflective Kits we make for the K1600GT and GTL saddlebags and trunks, will fit the new 1200RT. These are the RK-18 Kit for the saddlebags, and the RK-19 Kit for the trunk.

As suggested, Sierra BMW carries all MotoEquip Reflective Kits and they are one of our best dealers. Give them a call.

There is a local company here in SoCal that installs clear plastic sheeting on aircraft, cars, bikes, etc. that does a great job. They need 3 hours to do the install for around $200. Don't work for the company, but they were recommended by the local BMW dealer

Thanks Gents, much appreciated! It looks like I will be trying to track down a 3M dealer and fitter some where in the South West UK. Although,

Andy a trip to Brum may be interesting!

3M tape - Ebay

The above link is the raw 3M tape, it will be interesting if the pre-cut kits are available in the UK??

What are people doing with regard running in? Dealer in UK quoted 6-900 miles preferably nearer 900 and I'm guessing that is mixed roads. where does the 5K limit leave you 60-70mph top speed?

Archived