IGNORED

Front tire wear

AnotherLee

Yesterday, a friend with a 2004 R1150RT asked me if I wanted to trade bikes for a few miles so I could experience his Russel Daylong seat.

Since I ride a 2003 R1150RT I thought the transition would be smooth.

Not so! It turns out his front tire has 13-14K mi on it. And when I leaned the bike into a turn, the front wheel immediately tried to turn back the other way.

Even riding straight and level, the front wheel hunted left & right, never smooth & straight.

It scared me quite a bit. I slowed down to about 45 mph and rode the 8 mi into the next town where we swapped back.

He's a frugal old coot (comes from his background) and in spite of my warnings, intends to get another 1-2K out of it.

Did I say it was scary?

What brand/model tire is he using, that he can get 13/14k out of? (Not that I would use one......I get 11/12 out of Michelin PR3s, without the drama that you related.)

4wheeldog-

Unfortunately, my friend feels "used" and won't discuss this any longer.

If I have overstepped, I apologize.

• 4 weeks later...
What brand/model tire is he using, that he can get 13/14k out of? (Not that I would use one......I get 11/12 out of Michelin PR3s, without the drama that you related.)

I got 14K+ out of my PR2's without any drama, could have gone a couple thousand more, maybe, if it weren't for a slow leak in the rear (the tire, not me).

Archived