IGNORED

mc cruise

ozmojo

I'm thinking about buying Mc Cruise cruise control for my 04 RT , it is pricey but cheaper than moving sideways to a 1200. I already have a Throttlemeister so I am looking for feedback from anyone who has a McCruise unit.

I had a MC Cruise unit on my 2002 1150RT. It wasn't very hard to install and it worked perfectly. Very good support from the makers in Australia. They answered my email questions via phone call. It held the speed within about 1 mph or less regardless of hills, wind, etc. I only paid about $750 for it many years ago, but I also decided it was less expensive than a new 1200RT. It really made long trips more pleasant and probably paid for itself by avoiding speeding tickets. ( My speed tended to gradually drift up if I didn't use the cruise control. ) I sold it with the RT as I was unable to move it to my 1150GS. I haven't gotten one for the GS, partly due to the increase in price, but mainly I don't like where the vacuum actuator is placed on the GS.

That's about the only thing that I dislike about the 2004 RT, lack of cruise.

Cruise control will spoil you. I swore I'd never have another bike without one. I broke my right wrist in a motorcycle accident about 10 years ago and it aches after a day on the throttle. So a cruise control, or at least a throttle lock, is a must for me. My next bike will certainly have it. Probably a new RT. YMMV

Yes, we sold a few of those when I was at the dealership.

One, a customer installed himself, not much mechanical ability and he did fine.

On an RT, plenty of places to hide the bits.

I think we installed 2.

Nothing jumps out memory-wise. That's normally a sign of no problems and happy customers.

Good product for folks needing one.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally made the decision to purchase the Mccruise and the crimper they recommended. It's on its way here. I think it will be the best upgrade to this bike I can make .... so far. I'll let you all know how it all goes . Ride safe

I'll let you all know how it all goes .

Please do! I've been thinking about this too. The directions are quite detailed. The level of support is impressive.

That's about the only thing that I dislike about the 2004 RT, lack of cruise.

If you use the right cross sectional diameter of O-ring with the right internal diameter it will function as a cruise control for years. All you have to do is stretch it over the grip and put it between the grip and the electronics housing. Too tight? try a little lube. Too loose? try a bigger cross section O-ring. Cons --- No off button works all the time so you have to close the throttle down manually.

Yup,been there done that,then moved up to a throttlemeister still wasn't satisfied.I want to watch the road more and my speedo less.

I ordered 3/23 shipped 3/25 it now sitting on my kitchen table 3/28... from Australia , I am impressed.

That is typical of them. I would email them a question during installation and calibration and would get a phone call back (on their dime) right away.

A link please - after 10 years on Gold Wings and just one (1) recent 800 mile weekend on the RT I think cruise is a splendid idea,

Thanks,

Rick

Archived