IGNORED

New '14 RTs - price expectations at this early juncture

tkrandall

Any thoughts on reasonable expectations for any price discount on a new '14 R1200RT at this early juncture of the the model's availability? An early quote or two I have gotten have been right at MSRP. Is that typical fro an RT or is it just the very early high demand for the latest and greatest (and spring around the corner)?

Guest Kakugo

Generally speaking here (situation in your area may vary) model year BMW's start to sell at a discount in late June. Late July-early August is a good moment to buy because dealers want to clear inventory in anticipation for the upcoming model year.

However if a model is in very high demand (like the new GS-A apparently is), discounts start later (usually as soon as either the supply improves or the dealer clears all orders) or even not start at all on a given model year: for example when the K1600GT came out the local dealer sold all their yearly allowance at full retail price.

The supply from my local dealers is spoken for and it's not much. The demand appears high for this bike, your best bet is to negotiate on any accessories you want.

Any thoughts on reasonable expectations for any price discount on a new '14 R1200RT at this early juncture of the the model's availability? An early quote or two I have gotten have been right at MSRP. Is that typical fro an RT or is it just the very early high demand for the latest and greatest (and spring around the corner)?

If you are willing to jump on a plane you will find 4 new RTs, unspoken for at Wildwest Honda in Katy, TX - just outside of Houston. 2 Blue and 2 Ebony - fully loaded. And they will deal a little.

fourteenfour

just wait for the initial crush to go by, then they will be offering money to take them.

With the three colors they have they should be offering already. :P

Most all the bikes in a multi state region are equipped the same right now, which is loaded. Msrp or a hair under seems to be the governing rate, although some stop there and some want to add prep and doc fees on top. State regis fee/tax not included

just wait for the initial crush to go by, then they will be offering money to take them.

With the three colors they have they should be offering already. :P

I don't think that will happen CommuterChris. There is always a dropped off after the initial opening rush to the newest offering but this bike will have legs. It quickly moved me away from my 2009 RT which I was very close to moving to a GTL. I had a friend who moved off a 2008 GSA and know someone with 1600GT who is waiting on his WetHead. I think this bike will interest a very large cross section of riders as both a preformance and touring machine. If you test ride this bike coming from either a previous Gen RT or heavier bike like a GTL it would be hard not to be immediately impressed with the balance, handling and performance of the new RTW.

As for colors I have always had Black motorcycles and dark cars. I actually like the new colors, well not so much the Silver, but the Quartz Blue, my friends choice is very nice and my choice was the Ebony. I like it a lot and not just because I own one. Also lots of comments from bike and non bike people commenting favorably about the colors. It's subjective for sure, you either do are you don't.

Archived