IGNORED

Greasing the center stand pivots

Eckhard Grohe

Eckhard Grohe

I want to be able to grease my center stand pivot and I came up with the following plan. I am going to drill a small hole radially into the pivot pin to meet one of the flats of the internal hex. I am then going to make a tool for getting the pressurized grease into the internal hex cavity by drilling a 8mm hex head bolt, the same length as the small screws that go into the internal hex, lengthwise for a half an inch and then crosswise to meet the first hole. I will then tap the head for a Zerk fitting. This way I have another tool smile.gif that I can remove and lose frown.gif in the workshop. I want to avoid drilling a huge hole for a Zerk and weakening the stand. Any thoughts on the matter?

A couple of questions. I found some large diameter washers on the work stand. It looks like they have fallen out but I don't know from where. Any hints?? Are they to limit side to side play of the stand?

A question for you fellows that put Zerks in; how does the grease get out from between the O rings?confused.gif Do I have to nick them in any way to make a passage? Or drill a small hole, Ø .063", in the stand to allow the grease out?

I installed Zerk fittings on the centerstand.

Grease will get out spontaneously when you apply it under pressure. No need to encourage.

cool.gif

Archived