IGNORED

Mounting Radar Detector on 2014 R1200RT

Smilly

Does anyone have mounted a radar detector on the new 2014 RT 1200.

I am looking at mounting option with pics if possible so I can see how to install it

I have an Adaptiv TPX, not cheap but and it has paid for itself in the past couple of years

I have my V1 mounted. It’s on a Ram mount Brake/Clutch Assembly Mount with 1 Inch Ball RAM-B-309-1U, with the small arm and Radar detector plate RAP-300-1U. Road today for the first time, it’s great. I’m also using a H.A.R.D. V from http://www.legalspeeding.com/. Nice set up. I don’t know if it works with the Adaptiv TPX.

Jay

• 2 weeks later...
RandyShields

The right reservoir looks similar to the K1600. If so, check with J&M -- they make a nice flat mounting bracket that sits over the reservoir when you substitute their longer bolts for the OEM. Then, you can mount your detector directly to it with Velcro, or use a RAM system. Some pics on the K1600 forum site.

Smilly, I PM you 3/8/14 I don’t have an account with a web site to link photo with. Please read your PM it’s on top of this sites page under my stuff, it’s flashing when you have mail waiting.

Jay

Archived