IGNORED

SIRIUS Question

mickeym3

Besides the usual aggravation of talking to a Sirius/XM operator when calling to activate my subscription the lady was firm that the courtesy subscription on new BMW bikes is now only two months as opposed to the usual one year. Anybody else run into this or did you automatically get the full year??

When my dealer tried to activate my Sirius account (2014 RT) he was also told that it was only 2 months. He said he would check into it and see if he could fix it - which he later did. I now have a year subscription (Sirius Full Access). He told me he had to use the dealer code for activation instead of my ESN which he has never had to do before that. My RT was the first 2014 he had tried to activate. Not sure of the exact procedure but it is fixed. Hope this helps.

Besides the usual aggravation of talking to a Sirius/XM operator when calling to activate my subscription the lady was firm that the courtesy subscription on new BMW bikes is now only two months as opposed to the usual one year. Anybody else run into this or did you automatically get the full year??

Mickey,

Nope, it's still a full year, but evidently there's some kind of "back area" that needs to be consulted with in order to continue the subscription past two months. The very nice lady on the phone assured me (as did the live chat operator) that the "escalation" process is already in motion and I should see the extended time show up prior to my first two months ending.

The same goes for the internet radio portion of it. The "escalation" process is supposed to take care of that.

For some reason, all three people that I talked with were really convinced that the "escalation" process will work right on schedule.

We shall see come April 18th!

AD

Thanks guys, appreciate the input. I've got an unlimited data plan and my fall-back position will be Pandora.

I am still in the heat of battle! I "chatted" on Sirius's website last night and Elvis's response was "We don't offer a one year free subscription, call customer relations @---------. I called customer relations and waited 8 minutes for a rep. I got "ello dis is Haji, oow can I elp you". I said I am having a problem with my new BMW free subscription. He said "un meenit pleece".....click....click click.... "if you'd like to make a call please hang up and try again". HE HUNG UP ON ME! I called back. 11 minutes later I get "Hello dis is Uri". I went through the same speel....click....click click....."if you like to make a call" AGAIN!

I have sent all of the documentation that I can find to my dealer and am now awaiting a response from them. After all this I'm not sure that I want anything to do with SiriusXM but if you want SAT radio they are the only game in town! I keep you all updated.

I just spoke with Sirius. I was told the bike needs to first be registered by the dealer then you can get the free time. This does make sense to me. I have the 600 mile service scheduled for tomorrow so one more item on the list.

Jay

I had the same issue when I called to activate ... Asked for my 1year free trial ... "Please waiting I will be back in 2 minutes". After 4 or 5 such holds they service person came back and congratulated me on my 2 month introductory free subscription. I said no I have a year as per my dealer and BMW. 3 more "Please hold for 3'minutes", and the person asked questions as to when was the bike purchased, where it was purchased and was it new. I have 2 other subscriptions with these people and it is never easy. Finally after about 50 minutes I was told I would have a 2 month trial subscription then be reenrolled for and additional 10 months ... SAY WHAT!!!! ... It's only been a month so we will what will happen, I have almost a full years credit as I had just renewed my Zumo 550 subscription. One day I was more than pleased with 2009 RT next day I had bought a Ebony 2014 RTWH.

Sirius, What a pain to deal with. I had my 600 mile service yesterday and while there I talked with them about my propblem with Sirius. I called them with my dealer by my side, it all went fine just a hell of a lot of BS but they gave me the 12 months. At home I open the comfirming email, yep it showed 2 months! Called again today they told me there are problem in the system and it will be worked out. They got to it quickly because the accout is now at 12 months. I’m able to see this online with my other Sirius XM accounts. If you have it in you, keep on them…

Jay

Archived