IGNORED

Got mine!

BarryBeemer

Picked mine up yesterday and put about 70 miles on it today. Complying with the break in instructions are actually quite fun. Graduated from the "Rain" mode to the "Road" mode today and am very impressed.

Sat down to install the cylinder head cover protection plates I got and found no instructions. Granted, it's just a couple of bolts and screws, but.....Apparently, BMW is really trying to keep folks from doing any work on the bike. Geez!

Mine just finished the 600 check yesterday and the tire pressure monitors are still out of service for some reason. Nothing in the BMW computer yet, not even my VIN number. I'm figuring they'll have that fixed in the next 5400 miles before Sturgis this year.

Everything else is spot on and the fuel gauge is ACCURATE for a change!!

Picked up a set of Bluetooth earbuds and now all the radio stuff comes right on through with no wires!

The large tour pack box from my 2006 fits nicely, thank you.

AD

:wave: I just finished my 600 miles today on my new 2014 BMW R1200 RT. I will at the dealer on Tuesday for the service. Wow! The new WaterHead is great. Congrats on your new motorcycle.

Hi Ad,

So did you just sync your Bluetooth ear buds to the bike radio? I have a set uI se with an Iphone; will they work with the bike radio/Sirius instead?

More then a little out of my element here; have always hard wired in the past but if I understand you correctly I can just sync wireless ear buds to the bike radio and/or Sirius vs. to the Iphone as I do now (as an interim measure).

:dopeslap:I purchased the callisto grey. I am new to the posting, but will take a few photos today and try to post. Does anyone know if BMW sells a matching top case for the callisto grey color? Thanks.

Nice! :thumbsup: Wow, these new bikes seem to be flying out of the showrooms! Haven't actually seen one but believe the top case is a flat grey or silver that may go just fine with your bike.

Pat

Pat's correct. I am waiting on mine. They sell two cases both the same size and color. The deluxe has carpet like the K1600 GTL and a light along with central locking, plus the price will give you a heart attack. http://www.sierrabmwonline.com/product_info.php/bmw-r1200rt-liter-topcase-wlock-tankbagsluggage-systems-77438544630-77438544631-51257698204-p-3377?osCsid=76bf5h3igb28k1636pnqq77eh2

Jay

Pat's correct. I am waiting on mine. They sell two cases both the same size and color. The deluxe has carpet like the K1600 GTL and a light along with central locking, plus the price will give you a heart attack. http://www.sierrabmwonline.com/product_info.php/bmw-r1200rt-liter-topcase-wlock-tankbagsluggage-systems-77438544630-77438544631-51257698204-p-3377?osCsid=76bf5h3igb28k1636pnqq77eh2

Jay

Just saw the price, Paramedics are on their way. I have chest pains. :eek:

Nice! :thumbsup: Wow, these new bikes seem to be flying out of the showrooms! Haven't actually seen one but believe the top case is a flat grey or silver that may go just fine with your bike.

Pat

You are right. My local dealer got two in and they are both gone within a couple days, and this is with ice still on the ground...

Congrats on the new Bike Barry. I started in Rain mode too, just long enough to get accustomed to the sensitive throttle.

NB

Nice! :thumbsup: Wow, these new bikes seem to be flying out of the showrooms!

...My local dealer got two in and they are both gone within a couple days...

NB

Same thing here. My dealer has a couple in stock (all sold) and a few more on the way (also sold). Hoping they get a demo in soon...I really want to ride one before I drop that kind of cash, never having been an RT owner.

I was at the dealer on Saturday to get the light kit put on my trunk. They are out of RT's and GSA's. He told me he had 15 people on wait list for RT. Ten have money down, 5 don't. He has 3 money down on GSA arrival.

He said they will be getting their first 90T next week and he has a similar wait list...

Glad to see the brand is having a good 2014.

:cry:Thanks for the feedback on the top case, but the price is a bummer. I am riding to Floria on March 5 to see a few spring training baseball games and my total budget for the trip is less than the cost of the top case. Strike one!

Hi Ad,

So did you just sync your Bluetooth ear buds to the bike radio? I have a set uI se with an Iphone; will they work with the bike radio/Sirius instead?

More then a little out of my element here; have always hard wired in the past but if I understand you correctly I can just sync wireless ear buds to the bike radio and/or Sirius vs. to the Iphone as I do now (as an interim measure).

Yep, it took longer to pour the coffee to "get ready" for the Bluetooth adventure than it did to actually get it up and running.

AD

A little late to the posting party... been out riding. ;) I traded my 2012 K1600 GTL on 2/15. Got a callisto grey RT. Love the drop in 160+ pounds between the K1600 and the RT. Very nimble handling. I'd call it "quick" whereas I'd call the K1600 "fast" (that motor is incredible)

Wasn't sure what the Callisto Grey was going to look like in person, but I have come to love it. The satin finish, with a touch of olive in the right light.

Yes, I'll get a posting pics soon.

:wave: I like your comparison between the two BMW models. After one weekend and over 600 miles, I started cleaning my Callisto Grey today. I also love the color. Congrats on your new BMW.

.......like some others playing the waiting game, from what I'm being told my Castillo Grey RT is on a ship, at the dock, here in the USA. It's suppose to be on it's way to the dealer for assembly this week sometime arriving within the next 2 weeks - UPS overnight please... LOL

For those of you riding already.... THAT'S AWESOME! Parked Motorcycle Syndrome (PMS) is killin' me. It's going to be -1 degrees F here tonight.

Clicking your heels and saying "Spring is here and I'm riding",

"Spring is here and I'm riding","Spring is here and I'm riding", doesn't work.................. at all.

Nice! :thumbsup: Wow, these new bikes seem to be flying out of the showrooms!

...My local dealer got two in and they are both gone within a couple days...

NB

Same thing here. My dealer has a couple in stock (all sold) and a few more on the way (also sold). Hoping they get a demo in soon...I really want to ride one before I drop that kind of cash, never having been an RT owner.

One of those sold is mine; 17 hours and counting.

:rofl: The ride was great. I purchased the motorcycle last Wednesday, packed on Thursday morning and by 1:30 in the afternoon I was on the back roads of Georgia. Less than fifty miles of interstate, I took all back roads from Atlanta thur Alabama into Northwest Florida. I arrived back home late Saturday and can't get the smile off my face. The Callisto Greay Beauty is a great ride! I had three days of perfect riding weather, almost no traffic and good farm to market roads. The RT is all "tater tots, sweet tea and apple pie!"

More than just a little envious. Mine is sitting in the garage expecting -10 degree temperatures tonight followed by 1"-3" of snow. When will it stop?

Archived