IGNORED

DarienLight Pants

LandonBlueRT

Considering a pair of Stich DarienLight Pants for easy on/easy off overpants for warm weather riding. Any DarienLight users care to comment/recommend them for said purpose?

I have a pair and wear them in all but winter time. They are very comfortable, but I usually wear them over long johns, not another pair of pants. Fortunately, I've not had a get-off while wearing them. Although the knee and (optional) hip armour are very good, I really doubt that the thinner Cordura would be very abrasion resistant when compaired to the material in the standard Darien/Roadcrafter.

I also have the Darien light jacket in a light tan color. In hot weather it is MUCH more comfortable than my standard Darien jacket, but again, while the armour is first-rate, I have doubts about abrasion resistance.

Both the light Darien jacket and pants are just as water-proof in a downpour as the regular Darien. So, these are my choice for all-round summer touring.

Brian

I bought a Darien Lite jacket & pants in 99 after buying my RT! When I bought the 01GS, I found the the lack of weather protection that the RT gave me caused pain from heavy rain & hail on my arms & shoulders! I ended up buying the Regular Darien Jacket & Pants when they had the free backpad offer! My opinion is to buy the Regular Pants the first time $ save $300 especially because they're the same price! I still use the Lite's for around town, but the Reg's out on the road no matter how hot it is!

I've worn them as cold as 25F with long under wear and sweats the day did warm up quickly to 45-50F. Usually wear them over jeans. Kept me dry in moderate rain for about an hour.

Archived