IGNORED

The Official Un-Rally 13 Registration Announcement!!!

Lester V

This years Un organizing crew is pleased to present Un-Rally 13, to be held in Moscow Idaho.

When: Monday June 16 - Wednesday June 18, 2014

UNRALLY 13 Registration and Hotel Information Page.

Note:

[*]You must register and pre-pay for the event before the hotel will accept your reservation.

[*]To register you must use the password found on the website to obtain the BMWST special rate.

[*]New this year will be a draw for 3 free nights in a suite. The draw will be done once 75 people have registered and paid.

Over the next few months we will be posting separate additional threads with detail not found on the registration website. Stand by for these.

Huge Kudo's go out to Bob Palin, our UN13 web creator!

Signed up and reservation at hotel made - arriving Sunday night.

Looking forward to the fellowship and riding associated with another UN and trip west! :clap:

Signed up.

Only have the KLX in the garage right now and the way this winter is going I can't even get my trailer to the main (plowed) roads to pick up a new(ish) road bike.

May have to test-ride any scoot I find at the Best Western with keys in the ignition. Please read carefully any release-of-liability document I ask you to sign :grin:

Arriving early so I can spend a couple of days riding before Lester chains Linda and me to the Welcome/Registration desk.

Mike Cassidy

IN

Might be there on my DL650, or in a new car with a dog, or in an airport rental car. Haven't decided. Plenty of time to ponder.

Registered and paid. Intend to arrive Sunday and depart on Thursday.

Have submitted online room request and am awaiting confirmation.

Marco, here is what the saleslady said re you're query.

"The link to the hotel on the website goes to the hotel’s website. There is a reservation request form on this site (http://www.uinnmoscow.com/reservation-form2.aspx).

They can simply include BMW Unrally – Canuck and we will contact them to get their reservation taken care of (and make sure they have a registration number)"

Good luck and let us know if this helps.

I tried online. It told me dates were booked and would not let me register. I then called. Done in a couple minutes. I'm waiting for my email confirmation and number.

"The link to the hotel on the website goes to the hotel’s website. There is a reservation request form on this site (http://www.uinnmoscow.com/reservation-form2.aspx).

They can simply include BMW Unrally – Canuck and we will contact them to get their reservation taken care of (and make sure they have a registration number)"

I did that a few hours ago now. Thanks. I haven't heard back, but it's early :grin:. If I haven't heard by tomorrow morning, I'll just give them a call. I think the online "confusion" (for lack of a better word) is that there's more than one link on the hotel's website to the reservations section and only one of them (the one you linked to) allows you to use "Canuck" (great code, by the way). If you use their other reservations link, it will simply tell you that the rooms are booked for Monday through Wednesday.

I did that a few hours ago now. Thanks. I haven't heard back, but it's early :grin:. If I haven't heard by tomorrow morning, I'll just give them a call. I think the online "confusion" (for lack of a better word) is that there's more than one link on the hotel's website to the reservations section and only one of them (the one you linked to) allows you to use "Canuck" (great code, by the way). If you use their other reservations link, it will simply tell you that the rooms are booked for Monday through Wednesday.

This morning I received a confirmation email from the Best Western and simply had to call them with my CC number to hold the room. Done :thumbsup:

This morning I received a confirmation email from the Best Western and simply had to call them with my CC number to hold the room. Done :thumbsup:

+1

And they were awfully nice about the fact that I may be bringing a dog. Not a problem. Great experience so far! Nice people.

Lets_Play_Two

Registered and did online hotel request. Last Unrally was West Virginia when we lived in Florida. This one just a straight shot across Washington.

+1

And they were awfully nice about the fact that I may be bringing a dog. Not a problem. Great experience so far! Nice people.

I meant to call them today with the same question, but I totally forgot; I love it when I forget to do something and then someone else does it for me. Thanks Kathy!

(Did you tell them how big your dog is? 'cause if they're ok with him, my aussie will look tiny!)

josh

I meant to call them today with the same question, but I totally forgot; I love it when I forget to do something and then someone else does it for me. Thanks Kathy!

(Did you tell them how big your dog is? 'cause if they're ok with him, my aussie will look tiny!)

josh

I learned to never say that I was bringing a pony :grin:

Nigel is a "Therapy" dog. That is a magical word that puts hoteliers at ease about what they can expect from his behavior. Their reply to me was typical in that they used the word "Service" in place of therapy. Most people confuse the two terms. The bottom line is he will never get on furniture, will not bark, will not make a mess and will be gentle and friendly with everyone. He's an outstanding guest.

When I booked Salida that UN hotelier said no to a dog, even though I explained that he was special, having passed muster as a certified therapy dog. So, I booked nearby in another motel. During the next couple of days, as I hung out on the grounds of that UN motel, those owners fell in love with him. Nigel and I ended up moving over for our last night in Salida. Their original resistance revolved around the fact that he's over 100lbs. We had a chat about how small dogs, in general, bark and get on furniture, so they aren't the ideal guests. Large dogs, if calm and well behaved, are generally more desirable. Too many hoteliers mistake size as a useful determinant.

If any of you folks need therapy he works on the barter system; you give him a pet, he gives the therapy. Your blood pressure and cares will melt away.

i-QWtk6GF-L.jpg

Therapy for Mr. and Mrs. Whip in Salida, CO

i-P6LXQQf-XL.jpg

In. The only reason I'm coming is to finally meet Nigel, oh and to see everyone too. :clap:

Nigel is cool. A real love of a dog. As for the rest of us you're going to meet, there are some serious questions. :rofl:

I'm IN.

Arr. Monday, Depart Friday. Reservations made.

Won't be on 2 wheels.

I'll need LOTS of Nigel therapy!!!!

Be great to see y'all again! :wave:

"As for the rest of us you're going to meet, there are some serious questions"

Speak for yourself old timer! :wave:

Pretty much thought I was. And a few others. I mean, being that it's in Idaho, I figure Wurty's gonna show up. So lock down your daughters, protect your wives, hide the liquor and scatter the mutton. :thumbsup:

You inferred that only the infamous "Nigel" was cool. I find that offensive to the rest of us cool folks. :grin:

Or did I misinterpret your statement? :dopeslap: Besides, I need to someday get to 1000 posts before I croak. :clap: I see a few old friends signed up already. This is gonna be "Cool"!

IN

Now to decide what bike to bring. Maybe I'll bring both in case there is some dual sport off roading to be found.

Doug:

You may want to look at this thread on "the other forum": My Idaho

I will admit to no gravel experience in Idaho but certainly there is lots of choice fairly close to Moscow with the St Joe and Nez Pearce - Clearwater National Forests so close.

Mike Cassidy

You inferred that only the infamous "Nigel" was cool.

While I have never thought of him as such, he's more than willing to live up to that definition. Be on the look out for 106lbs coming your way.

will not bark, will not make a mess and will be gentle and friendly with everyone.

LOL, you know my two horrors will be there right? There will be chasin ' and barkin' in the parking lot I'm sure. We are camping though so the hotel doesn't have to worry about us.

I will not soon forget Nigel and Biff turning the parking lot into a Nascar oval. :grin:

Nigel is dying to meet Frika, but he has a real bro-mance going with Biff. This is what greeted folks at the

And he wants to see

IN! Registered, paid, and hotel request sent. If any conflicts come up, I'm gonna tell them I have to make it to a scheduled therapy appointment!

Is everyone aware the BMW Riders of Oregon is holding their annual rally in John Day from June 12th-15th? Depending on your route it's about 350 miles from John Day to Moscow. Should be a nice back-to-back.

Is everyone aware the BMW Riders of Oregon is holding their annual rally in John Day from June 12th-15th? Depending on your route it's about 350 miles from John Day to Moscow. Should be a nice back-to-back.

That's what I'm planning. Riding with some locals to John Day and later on to the Un-Rally.

Semi-in. Started a new job late last year and have much work on my hands but will definitely be in need of some road time and seeing some smiling faces (especially yours, Ron) from past UN's. Add to that the fact that FB owes me many adult beverages and it'll be hard not to figure out a way. More to follow.........

Add to that the fact that FB owes me many adult beverages and it'll be hard not to figure out a way. More to follow.........

FaceBook owes you adult beverages???

Add to that the fact that FB owes me many adult beverages and it'll be hard not to figure out a way. More to follow.........

FaceBook owes you adult beverages???

How soon we forget, FB. Just bring plenty of cash.

OK. Just trying to take a move out of Wurty's playbook. The guy owes me so many adult beverages if he ever cleared the books I could die of alcohol poisoning.

Registered - the Mrs. also. This will be her first any kind of rally - un or otherwise - and my second. She declined the last two BMWMOA rallies here in Oregon (I only made it to one), but said yes to this one right off the bat. :)

Registered - the Mrs. also. This will be her first any kind of rally - un or otherwise - and my second. She declined the last two BMWMOA rallies here in Oregon (I only made it to one), but said yes to this one right off the bat. :)

:clap: Time and time again spouses have enjoyed their time at our UNs. She will be glad she came.

Josh,

I'm glad to hear that you've convinced your "better half" to join you at the Un. We'll try to make her feel welcome. I've been to 5 previous Un's and I've felt welcome despite the fact that Deb and I are both on Hondas ;). This crew is pretty easy to get along with (especially if you supply them with adult beverages :thumbsup:).

:clap: Time and time again spouses have enjoyed their time at our UNs. She will be glad she came.

I'm sure she'll have a great time - and it's a good excuse for me to spend the money on a hotel room (while Laura has happily spent many nights - sometimes for weeks or months at a time - camping with me, given the choice she'll pick indoor plumbing and nice bed just about any day).

ps - you have earned points with our five year old by adding his favorite emoticon to your post.

Hoping to confirm attendence in next two weeks. Lots of scheduling issues - new job, trip to see daughter in July and a planned NWT trip in late August on my new mount (F700)....I know stop whining

Anyway Idaho is a short 8-10 hours from Calgary so I will try and do 1-2 days, maybe just the dinner night and not the full UN.

Stephen

Semi-in. Started a new job late last year and have much work on my hands but will definitely be in need of some road time and seeing some smiling faces (especially yours, Ron) from past UN's. Add to that the fact that FB owes me many adult beverages and it'll be hard not to figure out a way. More to follow.........

'Hope you can make it, Randy. We look forward to seeing you, as well as the other folks. And a big hug for Nigel.

Archived