IGNORED

Felt Sorry For The Car Drivers.....(Not)

axabmw

Last night when leaving work at about 1am it was about minus 7degreesC. As I left wearing my Widder heated waistcoat, I was warm as toast. The car drivers meanwhile had several minutes of cleaning ice from the windscreens followed by another couple of miles till the heaters started blowing hot. I would be almost home by then.

Last night when leaving work at about 1am it was about minus 7degreesC. As I left wearing my Widder heated waistcoat, I was warm as toast. The car drivers meanwhile had several minutes of cleaning ice from the windscreens followed by another couple of miles till the heaters started blowing hot. I would be almost home by then.

Yes, the people I work with don't belive that I am warmer than them in my Klan and I stay drier than them when it rains - I don't have to run across the car-park with my breifcase over my head before diving soggily into the car grin.gif

I just envy them when the snow is on the road eek.gif

Cya, Andy thumbsup.gif

Guys, I used to ride the back roads of Suffolk to work everyday on a Matchless 650. (ok, all roads in Suffolk are back roads, especially with drum brakes and 6 volt "lighting"...) I never minded the cold and the rain and the fog one bit, but it was never fun to come around a blind corner at 6 in the morning and find a herd of cows blocking the road, especially with all the attendant slick-as-ice cowsh*t. Only when stopping inches from the south end of a cow with both boots in crap did I wish I was in a car.

Only when stopping inches from the south end of a cow with both boots in crap did I wish I was in a car.

Yup. That would do it for me too. grin.gif

Archived