IGNORED

Why Wetheads?

OlGeezer

Guest Kakugo

This engine uses precision cooling, meaning only a very small part of the cylinder is liquid cooled... the bulk of cooling passages are "wrapped" between the top of the cylinder and the combustion chamber.

Also the heads themselves are water cooled: there are passageways over the combustion chamber, between the exhaust and intake valves... so it qualifies as a Wethead. :thumbsup:

Figured it was easier because of:

Oilheads

Hexheads

Camheads

So continuing the tradition

Wetheads

You left out the original: Airheads

Guarantee if you ride one you won't think there is any kinship with it's predecessors. Completely different power delivery. Can't wait to take a RTW out for a ride, may go ahead and put some $ down on one.

Oilheads

Hexheads

Camheads

Wetheads

No we didn't. Have you talked to Wurty recently? :rofl:

Actually, there's avery good Airhead board elsewhere, and this board began with the Oilhead RT's and we've just used that as our starting point and moved forward. No discrimination against Airhead Beemers. I used to own an R90S and miss it terribly, and for a lot more reasons than its collectible value. It was easily the most relaxing ride I've ever swung a leg over.

Oilheads

Hexheads

Camheads

Wetheads

Actually, there's avery good Airhead board elsewhere, and this board began with the Oilhead RT's and we've just used that as our starting point and moved forward. No discrimination against Airhead Beemers. I used to own an R90S and miss it terribly, and for a lot more reasons than its collectible value. It was easily the most relaxing ride I've ever swung a leg over.

I bet you don't miss the lack of power, lack of braking, lack of handling or lack of light. I'm also pretty sure you don't miss the rigorous maintenance schedule (spine lube every 10k miles, rebuilding carbs, etc).

Oilheads

Hexheads

Camheads

Wetheads

I thought he just meant you left it off your list of head designations - not that "you" left it off this forum.

I thought he just meant you left it off your list of head designations - not that "you" left it off this forum.

That's exactly what I meant.

It's the cylinders that are liquid cooled, not the heads.

Just askin'

Hi OlGeezer.

Just to clarify

We nicknamed it WetHeads BECAUSE the heads ARE water cooled.

It is localised cooling around the valve seats and spark plugs.

The Cylinders are air cooled with just the oil and air transfer taking place through them.

See at 1min 38sec in: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1hMpgtE9aA

Andy

It's the cylinders that are liquid cooled, not the heads.

Just askin'

Hi OlGeezer.

Just to clarify

We nicknamed it WetHeads BECAUSE the heads ARE water cooled.

It is localised cooling around the valve seats and spark plugs.

The Cylinders are air cooled with just the oil and air transfer taking place through them.

See at 1min 38sec in: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1hMpgtE9aA

Andy

"We"?

O.K. I get it. My mistake. It looked like the cylinder has a water jacket on it due to lack of fins and someone told me the heads weren't water cooled. I should have verified. For the record, I also took exception to the term "oilhead" since it's predecessor have heads which are cooled by oil as well as air.

"We"...The Royal 'We', as in those that are happy with the term and use the term readily because we like some simple designation between models..Airheads, Oilheads, Hexheads, Camheads, Wetheads.

Great and simple way to make distinctions.

"We"...The Royal 'We', as in those that are happy with the term and use the term readily because we like some simple designation between models..Airheads, Oilheads, Hexheads, Camheads, Wetheads.

Great and simple way to make distinctions.

Well...O.K., but only Airheads, Hexheads and Camheads make sense.

:grin:

No, Wetheads makes perfect sense

So too does Oilhead, as they have a dedicated oil cooling loop in the heads (for cooling not lubrication). :wave:

Archived