IGNORED

Comfort after market seats?

DBG

sargent has a preorder (no commitment) sign up "sheet" claim to have a seat ready this spring but have not talked to them to verify.

was very happy with their seat on 1150R

Sorry 'bout that Bill...didn't mean to leave out the other Mayer. I have a Rick Mayer seat, but have heard good things about the other two thumbsup.gif

I Have the BMW comfort seat and had a loan of a Sargent for a glorious day blatting around Wales on Tuesday. I couldn't feel much difference but then I have been insensitive to seat comfort since a 750-mile Lechlade to Bern in one day on the R80RT a few years ago. Now everything feels like cotton wool to me.

Have you had the bike long? If not, you may find you get used to it as you and seat become one. Ride a lot.

Mrs Penguin was not impressed with the Sargent pillion seat, which 'scooped' her forward into me rather than letting her sit at the back (I don't think she has a comfort seat back there - previous owner's choice). She is rather broad in the beam and needs all the space.

Off topic - our new Chilli waistcoats certainly were very welcome. Lovin' the winter, you get the roads to yourself!

• 1 month later...

I like my Sargent, but I just had Rich Maund rework my Guzzi seat and he did a wonderful job, plus, I had it back in a week including shipping time. If I were to change the RT's seat again I'd probably have him do it.

I have had BMW (DIS)Comfort, stock, Sargent, Corbin and Russell over three RTs. I rate them in that order, but with a quantum leap to Russell.

Anyone have experience with the Wunderlich ERGO Low Seat? I am 5'10".....

Rgrds,

Kevin

I just got one last week, off eBay, went for a short ride on Saturday, it was quite comfortable and much lower than the stock seat. It is narrower in the front also which helps.

If I were you, I would sit on any seat you are thinking of buying before you spend your money. I spent way to much on a heated Corbin seat for my R1150RT. The Corbin seat is hard as a rock and even after being modified is to wide. Further, the rear seat doesn't fit well. I put the stock seat back on, got some seat jacks and am happier than a pig in shit!! <<<<Softtail>>>>> teeth.gif

Check out beadrider.com I put one of their beaded seat covers on the stock RT seat and I like it. It gets your butt off the vinyl and lets the air circulate down there. No more sweaty bottom stick problem. Ten thousand New York City Pakistani cab drivers can't be wrong. Plus it's cheap. $35 as I recall.

Best Wishes, Mark Shuell.

Check out beadrider.com I put one of their beaded seat covers on the stock RT seat and I like it. It gets your butt off the vinyl and lets the air circulate down there. No more sweaty bottom stick problem. Ten thousand New York City Pakistani cab drivers can't be wrong. Plus it's cheap. $35 as I recall.

Best Wishes, Mark Shuell.

And .. speaking of beadrider, I don't think I'm the bead butt type. I've got a set for both drivers and pillion seats that came with a comfort seat I picked up, laying around in the garage, which I've been too lazy to put up for sale (along with lots of other stuff laying around in my garage, but that's another subject).

Anyhow, if someone really wants 'em, send me a message ('cause I'm still too lazy to get them ready to sell ). grin.gif

As far as seats go, the comfort seat has been great for me. Of course, it's the first "wide body" seat I've been on, and the last 3-4 bikes were MX dirt bikes. Compared to those seats, this thing is like a lounge chair. clap.gif

I bought a used Russell Day Long Seat on this site, and love it. That was after I tried 3 other brands. I found the whole process to be very individual.

I bought a Sargent off this board and absolutely love it. I guess I just got lucky because the stocker sucked and I was desperate. Shop around and search this site before you spend big bucks.

Where did you find on ebay?

Go to the "Motorcycle Parts and Accessories" category and then do a search for "Wunderlich". They show up there ocassionally. thumbsup.gif

Bryant

Archived