IGNORED

Pics 2730 mounted to R1200RT

scottcon

Front on Farkle bar. The antenna stayed put. I dont know what would happen in if bike dropped but I tried to find the bumpiest roads that I could and it stayed at speeds above 80mpg.

631953-back2730001.jpg.890f2f3c1f4f27924520073321e95517.jpg

The bottom of a can of bush's baked beans that I painted black and velcro'd to the small shelf of the farkle bar. The antenna sticks and fits to this really well. It looks really cheesy without the antenna on it.

631957-sidewithoutantenna.jpg.f087d37738e120bfc4bc95fa19751558.jpg

...............bush's baked beans that I painted black

===================================================================================

thanks for the pics,

looks like a good setup.

Just wonder if Libby's brun bean will do equally well?

Jurgen

Rich06FJR1300

so the antenna is required for the 2730? not like the 2610 which didn't have any antenna (well, there was an option to get one but never used it)

Scottcon

I assume that since you are using the antenna that you are going to subscribe to XM or XMWX? Why did you choose to go with the 2730 vs. the 376c?

The bottom of a can of bush's baked beans that I painted black and velcro'd to the small shelf of the farkle bar. The antenna sticks and fits to this really well. It looks really cheesy without the antenna on it.
why don't you paint a BMW logo on the ol' bean can.... clap.gif

The 2730 looked a little bit cleaner and smaller in my opinion and the 376c i believe has marine capabilities. I do not own a boat so I chose the 2730. I like the touchscreen and the xm radio cuts out for directions from the navigation speaker and then cuts back on. I really enjoyed my ride today with the unit. The unit gives you an option to avoid certain roads so it took me home a way that I never went before. It's nice to listen to the XM radio and not have to mess with mp3's or cd's. Just my opinion. Scott

Archived