IGNORED

Holding Big Mak down

Kinsley

I plan on doing some gravel and forest roads while scouting for GS routes for El Paseo VII with Stretchmark. From the few rough roads I've ridden with a Big Mak tank bag attached, it seems to bounce quite a bit.

Has anyone come up with a way of pinning or clipping the bag in the down position?

Thanks in advance,

Ken

I plan on doing some gravel and forest roads while scouting for GS routes for El Paseo VII with Stretchmark. From the few rough roads I've ridden with a Big Mak tank bag attached, it seems to bounce quite a bit.

Has anyone come up with a way of pinning or clipping the bag in the down position?

Thanks in advance,

Ken

Ken,

I had a big mak on my GT and occasionally didin't have the tank bag with me. It would vibrate and bounce around all over the place. I applied some good quality velcro to the big mak rails and the bottom of the plastic plate and that took care of the bouncing around. You could even use the duo-lock fasterner material (like the use on aeroflow headlight protectors if you're familiar with that). Either should be found at any hardware store worth it's salt.

I had a Big Mak on my GT and occasionally didin't have the tank bag with me. It would vibrate and bounce around all over the place.

Maybe he just needed to use the restroom. Or even just take a break and stretch. Big Mak's a big guy, and riding as a passenger on a GT would be cozy.

Archived