IGNORED

2014 North Meets South in the Middle= Apr 25-27

CoarsegoldKid

Speaking of DRs. I am listing mine for sale and thought I'd give you guys first crack at it in case some of you hooligans are thinking about getting dirty. It's a 2000 650DR with a big Acerbis tank, racks for soft bags, lowered pegs(original included),an extra seat(low).

Low mileage. $3000. That's about what I have in it.

Anyway Gar said he could bring it to the party if anyone is seriously interested.

Starting to get even more excited for this :thumbsup: Are there multiple route/rides happening Saturday as in the past? I don't believe I have seen any posted routes (but did not look back through the first 15 pages). What's the plan man?

Russ

CoarsegoldKid

Well Russ the plan is you are free to ride wherever you want. Point the bike in any direction of your choosing and you can't go wrong. Try to get lost is always fun. As always folks will breakout into small groups. If you bring a map I'll be happy to assist you in a good all day sucker. Here is a list of routes I made a few years back. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uhnI_cQ_t5p_JrlNXOYgAxawAloJJVQ14I1zHv_b69Y/edit

JerryMather
Well Russ the plan is you are free to ride wherever you want. Point the bike in any direction of your choosing and you can't go wrong. Try to get lost is always fun. As always folks will breakout into small groups. If you bring a map I'll be happy to assist you in a good all day sucker. Here is a list of routes I made a few years back. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uhnI_cQ_t5p_JrlNXOYgAxawAloJJVQ14I1zHv_b69Y/edit

FYI: Can't open them correctly on my iPad. I'm not using Googgle Chrome if that's why.

CoarsegoldKid

I don't use Chrome either. But it's my Google Drive so I get in. I did make it available to anyone with a link. If it doesn't work then the Gods Must Be Crazy. Bring a detailed map of the area. You won't be disappointed.

Well Russ the plan is you are free to ride wherever you want.

No Sh!t? :rofl: Last time I was able to attend there were a couple of planed rides to participate in......Todd's "smell the Roses Tour", a "Spirited ride" led by some other old dude , a route to Yosemite and I believe a dual sport route for Heck to rinse his GS in a local creek. So......no planned routes rides this year? I have trouble getting lost.....people are always telling me where to go :P

I think Mark Bonar posted a few pages back about riding up into the park.

I haven't figured out what I am doing yet. Need to talk to the boss...

What day are you riding Russ? I think.. not sure... we'll be leaving Wednesday and arriving Thursday night... but might just leave early Thursday and push.

I will be heading out on my annual smell the roses audio tour. Slow pokes welcome. Hooners would die of embarrassment if they hung with me so that leaves the infirm, feeble, fun loving and folks to curious about the beautiful county to go by in blink. All bets are off on the Little Dragon. Even I like to scrape a peg or two,

Bill_Walker
Another Gary for the DS ride Friday - on my GSW...

I've watched too many cop shows. Every time I see GSW I think Gun Shot Wound. :grin:

What day are you riding Russ?

Everyday :thumbsup: I was hoping to head down Thursday but got roped into a meeting for a new inspector I "get" to mentor......yeah, another one :P I'm getting bored with this work stuff :cry: I may get my act together and head out late Thursday afternoon butt more likely I'll head down the scenic route Friday morning and get there mid-late afternoon.

....Todd's "smell the Roses Tour", a "Spirited ride" led by some other old dude , a route to Yosemite and I believe a dual sport route for Heck to rinse his GS in a local creek.

Now that was a while back...... :Cool:

...I will be heading out on my annual smell the roses audio tour. Slow pokes welcome. Hooners would die of embarrassment if they hung with me

I thought you were gonna try "Hecks Hill" on that LT....... Wimp.. :lurk:

CoarsegoldKid

Bob, lead the ride that you speak of. You're in luck. I talked to him today and he say's he'll make it up for Saturday. Bringing his beautiful arrest me Yellow Triumph.

....Todd's "smell the Roses Tour", a "Spirited ride" led by some other old dude , a route to Yosemite and I believe a dual sport route for Heck to rinse his GS in a local creek.

...I will be heading out on my annual smell the roses audio tour. Slow pokes welcome. Hooners would die of embarrassment if

they hung with me

I thought you were gonna try "Hecks Hill" on that LT....... Wimp.. :lurk:

Does "Hecks Hill" have ice on it? I know the LT does ice well...

;)

My feeble memory says it was two years ago.......am I wrong again? :S

rinse his GS in a local creek.

Yep, a while back..... :grin:

2012. I'll never forget the water coming out of Jonathon Multhap's horn when he tooted it in the driveway back at Joe's place. That was classic.

I think I'll be in for the Friday DS ride. Probably head up into the park or somewhere in the Sierra's Saturday with the camera.

JerryMather

"I think I'll be in for the Friday DS ride. Probably head up into the park or somewhere in the Sierra's Saturday with the camera."

:thumbsup: Great idea! You take fantastic photographs !!!!!

With someone around as talented as you, I don't need to take a camera on road trips.

Looking forward to seeing what you shoot. :lurk:

Bob, lead the ride that you speak of. You're in luck. I talked to him today and he say's he'll make it up for Saturday. Bringing his beautiful arrest me Yellow Triumph.

The same Bob with the red RT?

CoarsegoldKid

I went up to the Comfort Inn today to ask about a room count for NmS. I was told 8 for Thurs, Friday, Sat. 25 for Friday and Saturday. Not to shabby Ladies and Gentleman. I noticed there was a tavern right next store called the Dirty Donkey Tavern.

Bill_Walker

I was at Costco today, and I picked up a bottle of this to share at NmS:

13959784142_a7d31f6cf7.jpg

Yeah, right.

Speaking of DRs. I am listing mine for sale and thought I'd give you guys first crack at it in case some of you hooligans are thinking about getting dirty. It's a 2000 650DR with a big Acerbis tank, racks for soft bags, lowered pegs(original included),an extra seat(low).

Low mileage. $3000. That's about what I have in it.

Anyway Gar said he could bring it to the party if anyone is seriously interested.

I've ridden Nancy's bike. It rides nice! Someone should jump on this. :Cool:

Just as I was getting my mouth all ready to taste that I saw the price and "yeah right." :(

Yeah, right.

I went up to the Comfort Inn today to ask about a room count for NmS. I was told 8 for Thurs, Friday, Sat. 25 for Friday and Saturday. Not to shabby Ladies and Gentleman. I noticed there was a tavern right next store called the Dirty Donkey Tavern.

Butt you didn't ask about how many for Friday-Saturday-Sunday? Maybe just 1?

Darn, darn, darn, darn, darn... My bike is not ready. I will not be attending this fine function.

If I write anything else my disappointment will be too obvious...

Have a great time everybody and I WILL see you at the next event.

IN !!

Really Bill- you cant spot a forgery??

Kathy and I are going to have to cancel.....Really sorry....We were looking forward to seeing all the folks...........Next time....

Phil........

barryNmarin

Joe, I'll be arriving tomorrow evening for the Friday dirt ride. I'll also spend Friday night but I have to bug out on Saturday morning. So something is better than nothing! Looking forward to it! I'll try to remember to bring your can of chain lube.

Today's forcast for Oakhurst on Friday is 90% chance of rain. Good day to play in the dirt.

BTW, what are the meet up spot and time for Friday?

JerryMather

Friday:

Showers likely, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after 11am. High near 55. South southwest wind 5 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Saturday 

A 20 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 54. West wind 5 to 10 mph.

CoarsegoldKid

Yeah it could rain where you are riding. Then again it might not. Weather is funny that way. We've had about 7 inches of rain all season.

The meet up spot will be at the Comfort Inn. Time 9am. I'll be having breakfast at the Comfort Inn.

Just changed my reservation to arrive Thursday instead of Friday as the LT hates moisture on the road. Asked the gal if many more were adding Thursday and she said no but lots of cancellations! WTF? If it's wet we just find a tavern and pay the light bill for the month. Or we could snuggle and watch Netflicks. Either way I'm still coming!

Snuggle?

Todd, if I'm going to snuggle, I can stay home and do that, can't I?

And you couldn't pay me to watch Netflicks.

dc

Snuggle?

Todd, if I'm going to snuggle, I can stay home and do that, can't I?

And you couldn't pay me to watch Netflicks.

dc

Pay you to stay home? I didn't know that was on the table!

CoarsegoldKid

The local ABC weatherdude says the storm is a fast moving one. Rain late on Friday 68F and T-storms favor the North end of the Valley which is north of here. Light snow at 4K in the mountains but not locally. Cool and breezy on Saturday 67F. Sunday 73F.

The local ABC weatherdude says the storm is a fast moving one. Rain late on Friday 68F and T-storms favor the North end of the Valley which is north of here. Light snow at 4K in the mountains but not locally. Cool and breezy on Saturday 67F. Sunday 73F.

Does that mean no snuggling?

Just changed my reservation to arrive Thursday instead of Friday as the LT hates moisture on the road.

Besides, you need a little time to change the shoes on that LT to take on my hill....This will be epic.

Archived